Thanksgiving is a time for family, friends, and food! If you're looking to switch up your traditional Thanksgiving feast this year, why not do it in style by cooking in your outdoor kitchen? Here are a few tips on making the most of your outdoor space and creating a Thanksgiving feast that your guests will remember for years to come.
How to Make Thanksgiving Even More Special with Your Outdoor Kitchen
1.) Plan ahead and make a menu.
This may seem like a no-brainer, but it's important to know what you'll be cooking before firing up the grill. Will you be cooking the turkey on the grill? What side can dishes be made outdoors? Planning will help you make the most of your outdoor space and avoid any last-minute scrambling.
2.) Prep everything in advance.
Once you know what you'll be cooking, take some time to prep all of your ingredients in advance. This will save you time and hassle when it comes time to actually start cooking. And, if you're planning on grilling the turkey, now is the time to brine it so it's nice and flavorful.
3.) Create a comfortable and inviting space.
Just because you're eating outdoors doesn't mean that your Thanksgiving feast can't be elegant and memorable. Take some time to set up your outdoor space so that it's comfortable and inviting for your guests. This may include setting out chairs or tables, stringing lights, or even putting up a tent or canopy if you expect bad weather.
4.) Enjoy the process!
Cooking outdoors can be a lot of fun, so make sure to enjoy the process! Invite friends or family to help you cook, crank up some tunes, watch the games, and enjoy seasonal drinks and snacks—you deserve it!
What's on the Grill? Turkey or Sides?
If you're tired of the same old Thanksgiving feast year after year, switch things up by cooking turkey and some of the fixings in your outdoor kitchen. That's right, an outdoor kitchen!
With a bit of creativity, you can quickly turn your outdoor space into a Thanksgiving feast headquarters. Here's how:
1.) Start with the turkey.
If you usually deep fry your turkey, why not try grilling it this year? Just remember to start early, so your turkey has plenty of time to cook through. Here are some recipes to try:
- The Best Grilled Turkey Recipe
- Southwestern Grilled Spatchcock Turkey
- Rotisserie Herb Butter Turkey
- Barbecue Spice–Brined Grilled Turkey
2.) Make use of all your burner space.
If you decide to fry your turkey or cook it inside, you can use your grill for cooking up side dishes like mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans, and other veggies. Here are some of our favorites:
- Grilled Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Grilled Bread Dressing with Cranberries and Leeks
- Grilled Pear Salad
- Barbecue Carrots with Yogurt and Pecans
3.) Get creative with dessert.
There's no need to turn on your oven to bake a pumpkin pie when you can just as easily make one on your grill. Put all the ingredients in a pie pan and place it on the grill over indirect heat until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
Another way to tackle dessert outdoors is with an outdoor oven. An outdoor oven brings deserts, pizzas, casseroles, and side dishes to your backyard or patio.
Tips for Cooking Thanksgiving Outside
An outdoor kitchen offers many possibilities for making your holiday meal special. Plus, cooking outdoors is a great way to enjoy the beautiful fall weather while spending time with family and friends. Here are a few tips for how to make the most of your outdoor kitchen this Thanksgiving.
- Plan and make a list of everything you need. This will help you ensure you have all the ingredients and supplies you need before starting.
- Preheat your oven or grill so it's nice and hot when you're ready to start cooking. This will help ensure that your food cooks evenly.
- If you're grilling, clean the grill before you begin cooking. This will help prevent any unwanted flavors from ending up in your food.
- When cooking outdoors, always be mindful of safety. Keep an eye on your food, so it doesn't burn, and be careful not to leave any open flames unattended.
- Finally, remember to have fun! Cooking outdoors is an excellent opportunity to relax and enjoy time with family and friends. So kick back, relax, and enjoy the feast!
Happy Thanksgiving from Summerset Grills!
Cooking Thanksgiving dinner doesn't have to be stressful; it can be downright enjoyable! Switch things up this Thanksgiving by cooking your feast outdoors! An outdoor kitchen is perfect for making your holiday meal extra special. So fire up the grill and start making some new Thanksgiving traditions! Just follow these simple tips, and you'll be sure to impress your guests with a delicious Thanksgiving feast cooked to perfection in your outdoor kitchen.
Summerset Grills is with you through every season with tips, recipes, and luxury grills and appliances to make your outdoor kitchen dreams a reality. Check out our blog for more ideas on making the most of your outdoor kitchen this Thanksgiving!