Breezy evenings around the fire pit with hot apple cider in your favorite mug – fall is here, and the Autumn Grilling Series is here to show you why this the best time of year to grill. With near-perfect weather and beauty, the fall season makes for a beautiful grilling experience. Try Grilled Brussels Sprouts with Bacon for a succulent and salty culinary experience. Featuring fried bacon and sauteed shallots mixed with grilled brussels sprouts, this dish is a quick dash to heaven for your taste buds.
Begin by boiling the brussels sprouts in water for five minutes to soften them before grilling. Fry the bacon in a skillet until crispy and save the fat in a bowl. Saute the shallots in a tablespoon of the bacon fat until lightly browned. Toss the brussels sprouts with remaining bacon fat and salt pepper, and then grill over high direct heat for four minutes per side. Once beautifully charred, remove the sprouts and combine them with bacon and shallots. The bacon fat adds decadence while the shallots add a sweetness to the peppery brussels sprouts. Full of flavor and richness, the Autumn Grill Series brings seasonal favorites to your grill for you to enjoy with friends and family.
Grilled Brussels Sprouts with Bacon Ingredients
- 1/3 lb thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 1/2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Grilled Brussels Sprouts with Bacon Directions
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add in 1 tablespoon of salt followed by brussels sprouts and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Add bacon into a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat and cook until fat renders and bacon crisps. Remove bacon to a large bowl and remove all bacon fat except 1 tablespoon. Add shallots into the pan and cook until lightly browned. Remove to bowl with bacon.
- Place brussels sprouts in a large bowl and toss with reserved bacon fat and salt and pepper to taste. Place on the grill and cook until lightly charred on each side, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Remove brussels sprout from the grill into a bowl with bacon and shallots, toss to combine. Pour out onto a serving dish and serve immediately.
Taken from seriouseats.com.com