Grilled Pear Salad – Autumn Grilling Series
The leaves are falling, and the air is getting crisp, which can only mean one thing – it's time for the Autumn Grilling Series! This exciting series features a host of new grilling recipes perfect for the cooler weather. Our next featured dish is Grilled Pear Salad – a refreshing, brisk salad with fresh ingredients and beautifully grilled pears. This dish is delightful to the eyes and taste, perfect as a side or a light main course. The pears are first grilled to perfection, adding a smoky flavor that pairs perfectly with the crisp greens and tangy dressing. This salad is sure to become a new autumn favorite!
Grilling the pears releases sweetness and fragrance from the fruit as the natural sugars are caramelized. The vinaigrette is a savory and sweet combination of red wine vinegar, raspberry preserves, fresh basil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Using as fresh ingredients as possible, the salad is comprised of mixed salad greens, red onion, fresh raspberries, goat cheese, and honey-roasted cashews for texture. Super simple and quick, this salad is perfect for last-minute meal plans or for entertaining. Celebrate the season with our Autumn Grilling Series, fire up the grill and give this recipe a try – you won’t be disappointed.
Grilled Pear Salad Ingredients
- 3 firm ripe Bartlett pears, cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 (10-oz.) jar seedless raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 (5-oz.) package of gourmet mixed salad greens
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup honey-roasted cashews
- 4 ounces of crumbled goat cheese
Grilled Pear Salad Directions
- Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Grill pear wedges, covered with grill lid, for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Whisk together the red wine vinegar, raspberry preserves, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Add canola oil in a slow, steady stream, constantly whisking until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens, sliced red onion, fresh raspberries, honey-roasted cashews, goat cheese, and pears. Drizzle with the desired amount of vinaigrette, and toss to combine. Serve immediately with the remaining vinaigrette.
Taken from myrecipes.com http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-pear-salad