As the leaves begin to change color and the weather dips a bit colder, we know that autumn has come, which is a gentle way of warning of the coming winter. This is one of my favorite times of year because of the beauty and also because of the rich flavors of harvest. To celebrate the season, we continue our Autumn Grill Series, featuring Spicy Pork Tenderloin. This is a very simple preparation featuring a rub of herbs and spice, slowly roasted on your grill over indirect heat.
Begin with two one-pound pork tenderloins and thoroughly cover with a mixture of chili powder, salt, ginger, thyme, and pepper. Allow this to sit and cure for a few hours, and then prepare the grill for indirect cooking, by turning on only half the burners to medium high. Grill the pork tenderloin on the other side of the grill until the internal temperature reads 160 degrees, and remove promptly to retain moisture. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes, slice, and serve with hearty vegetables. Simple as it is, this recipe delivers every time making it perfect for an easy weeknight meal as the sun sets.
Spicy Pork Tenderloin Recipe Ingredients
- 1 to 3 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
Spicy Pork Tenderloin Recipe Directions
- Combine the first five ingredients; rub over tenderloins. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Grill, covered over medium-hot indirect heat for 25-40 minutes or until thermometer reads 160°.
Taken from tasteofhome.com