During this Christmas we want to focus on the most important part of the season – that it is more blessed to give then to receive. So let’s do what we do best, and give the gift of amazing grilled food. To help you have A Very Merry Grilled Christmas, we bring you Rotisserie Beef Tenderloin, basted in rich shallot-herb butter, and served with homemade horseradish sauce. Everything about this dish will flatter and astonish your guests, from the gorgeous presentation to every decadent, melt-in-your-mouth bite.
Rotisserie Beef Tenderloin Ingredients
- 1 whole Beef Tenderloin (5-7 pounds untrimmed weight)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Shallot Herb Butter baste
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 small shallot, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme, minced (or a mix of thyme and tarragon)
- 1 teaspoon of fresh rosemary, minced (optional)
- pinch of salt
- two grinds of black pepper
- A couple of sprigs of thyme and a sprig of rosemary, tied together at the stems to make a brush
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
Rotisserie Beef Tenderloin Directions
- Pre-Salt and Truss the Beef: If you didn’t buy a trimmed beef tenderloin, remove the chain and trim off the silver skin. Sprinkle the salt evenly onto the tenderloin, and pat the salt onto the steak. Fold the tenderloin back on itself to get the thin tail just touching the larger top of the tenderloin. Cut almost, but not quite, all the way through the tenderloin at the point where the fold is. Truss the folded tenderloin together at 2-inch intervals. Let the tenderloin rest at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours.
- Prepare the grill: Set your grill up for rotisserie cooking at high heat. For my Weber Summit, this means removing the grill grates and turning the two outer burners (burners 1 and 6) to high, and turning the infrared burner to high. Then I put my drip pan in the middle, over the unlit burners.
- Prepare the Herb Butter, Herb Brush, and Horseradish Sauce: Put the shallot herb butter ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high until the butter is melted and the shallot is starting to sizzle, about 1 minute, Tie the herb sprigs into a brush. Whisk the horseradish sauce ingredients until completely mixed.
- Cook the tenderloin: Put the spit on the grill, start the motor spinning, and cook with the lid closed After 30 minutes, baste the roast with the Shallot-Herb butter using your herb brush. Check the temperature in the thickest part of the roast. Keep cooking the roast, basting every ten minutes, until it reaches 115°F for rare, (120°F for medium rare, 130°F for medium). It will take about 40 minutes total cooking time for rare, (about 50 minutes for medium-rare, about 60 minutes for medium.) Please go by temperature rather than time. There’s nothing quite as sad as a well-done roast when you wanted medium-rare.
- Serve the roast: Baste the roast with butter again, and then remove the spit from the grill. Remember your heatproof gloves, or oven mitts – the spit is hot! Remove the roast from the spit, and then remove the trussing string from the roast. Baste the roast one last time with the butter, and then rest the roast for ten to fifteen minutes. Slice the roast into 1/4″ to 1/2″ thick slices, transfer to a serving platter, and drizzle with the remaining herb butter and any juices from the carving platter. Serve, passing the horseradish sauce at the table.
Taken from DadCooksDinner.com
The post Rotisserie Beef Tenderloin – A Very Merry Grilled Christmas! appeared first on Summerset Grills.