It's Christmastime again, and we are back with A Very Merry Grilled Christmas, a collection of holiday-inspired recipes to try on the grill. Enjoy the best of Christmas entertaining with Italian Herb Rotisserie Chicken with Sweetened Balsamic Glaze! Start your holiday festivities with a unique and unforgettable piece of fine dining. Preparing it is relatively easy, and it's also sure to have your guests sing praises all night long.
This exquisite feast begins with an herb rub of butter, oregano, lemon zest, basil, rosemary, garlic, white wine, salt and pepper. Rub it thoroughly inside and out of the chicken, as well as around the outside. Peel and stuff the inside with onion and lemon half for extra flavor. Then skewer the chicken onto a rotisserie and roast over medium heat. Add a sweetened balsamic glaze to the edges as the final touches to your tasty Christmas treat. The glaze seals in the moist and intense flavor of the herbs and takes your chicken presentation to the next level!
Serve up show-stopping Italian Herb Rotisserie Chicken with Sweetened Balsamic Glaze this Christmas and give your guests a festive surprise! They'll love the combination of herbal notes and sweet balsamic glaze that give this dish a unique holiday flair. Spice up your celebrations with this delicious holiday dish and create mouth-watering moments that satisfy even the most particular of palates.
So, if you want to add something special to your merry meals this season, don't look further than A Very Merry Grilled Christmas!
Italian Herb Rotisserie Chicken with Sweetened Balsamic Glaze Ingredients
- 2 chickens (whole, about 3 to 4 pounds/1.4 to 1.8 kg each)
For the Chicken Seasoning
- 1/2 cup butter (unsalted room temperature)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup oregano (finely chopped)
- 1 small lemon (zest and juice)
- 5-6 basil leaves (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons rosemary (fresh, roughly chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 2 tablespoons salt (sea)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
For the Glaze
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup pear jelly
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large onion (peeled and halved)
- 1 lemon (halved)
Italian Herb Rotisserie Chicken with Sweetened Balsamic Glaze Directions
- Clean up the chickens, removing the giblets and trimming any excess skin or fatty parts. Rinse chicken inside and out with cold water, then pat dry with paper towels. Combine chicken seasoning ingredients. Rub inside and out and under the skin of chickens. Put chickens on a large tray and cover them with plastic wrap. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- While chickens are marinating, it is time to prepare the glaze. Bring the balsamic vinegar, pear jelly, and honey to a boil. Reduce heat to low and allow the mixture to simmer for 6-8 minutes, stirring often. Once the mixture has reduced by half and has a syrup-like consistency, remove from heat and cool.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Remove chickens from the refrigerator, and stuff half an onion and half a lemon into each cavity. Arrange chickens onto rotisserie spit and place on grill. Cook for about 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours, brushing with balsamic glaze during the last 30-40 minutes. Check for doneness (175 degrees F/85 degrees C in multiple parts) with a thermometer. Let stand for 10 minutes before carving and serving.
Taken from americanmadegrills.com https://americanmadegrills.com/blogs/recipes/italian-herb-rotisserie-chicken-with-sweetened-balsamic-glaze-1