Grilled Steak and Radishes with Black Pepper Butter – Autumn Grill Series
Grilling season isn’t just limited to summer; fall is a beautiful time for taking the party outside. Homework and sport activities can make for busy evenings, and the Autumn Grill Series provides delicious and easy grilling recipes for a relaxing, outdoor meal with the family. Next up is Grilled Steak and Radishes with Black Pepper Butter, a warm and hearty meal to enjoy the crisp, cool weather of the season.
Start by bringing the steak up to room temperature before grilling, then season with salt and pepper. The pepper butter is prepared by combining unsalted, room-temperature butter with coarsely ground black pepper and kosher salt. With simple seasoning and olive oil, the steak and radishes are grilled over medium-high heat in just minutes. As the pepper butter melts over the hot steak and radishes, it creates a warm and decadent sauce. Finished with salt and lemon wedges, this meal is done in minutes with very little cleanup. So don’t put your grill away for hibernation, these beautiful evenings and weekends are ripe for enjoyment with the Autumn Grilling Series.
Grilled Steak and Radishes with Black Pepper Butter Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil plus more for grill
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper plus more
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt plus more
- 1 1/2 pounds hanger, flank, or skirt steak
- 1 bunch radishes with greens, halved
- Flaky sea salt (such as Maldon)
- Lemon wedges (for serving)
Grilled Steak and Radishes with Black Pepper Butter Directions
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat; lightly oil grill grate.
- Mix butter, 1 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Season steak with kosher salt and pepper. Grill, turning occasionally, 7–10 minutes for medium-rare. Let rest 5 minutes, then top with pepper butter.
- Meanwhile, combine radishes and remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a medium bowl; season with kosher salt and pepper and toss to coat. Grill radishes until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes per side.
- Season steak with sea salt, slice, and serve with radishes and lemon wedges.
Taken from: BonAppetit.com
The post Grilled Steak and Radishes with Black Pepper Butter – Autumn Grill Series appeared first on Summerset Grills.