Autumn foods are often inspired by the color and fragrances of the season, but also by the availability of ingredients. To close out our Autumn Grilling Series, we feature Grilled Salmon with Grilled Broccoli, Pickled Peppers and Pistachios. Early fall is one of the last opportunities to cook fresh wild salmon, and broccoli is extra sweet in the autumn, making this dish a treasured find as we head into the holiday season. Whether for an intimate dinner for two, or for a family gathering, this dish is sure to hit the spot with its minimalism and beauty.
For this recipe, we start by preparing the grill with two heat zones – one for high heat, and the other for low heat. The broccoli, simply tossed with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper, actually holds up well on the grill allowing for a beautiful char while maintaining moisture inside. Once grilled, the roasted broccoli is combined with chopped Peppadew peppers, pistachios, parsley, lemon juice, and tossed to created light and crunchy broccoli salad. The salmon is grilled skin-side down on oiled grates until the skin is crisp and the fish is warm in the center. When served together, the vinegar from the peppers and citrus from the lemon juice bring sensational flavor and tang to the fish, while the broccoli and pistachios add texture and depth of flavor. Super healthy and light, this dish is a wonderful way to experience the beauty of the autumn evenings.
Grilled Salmon with Grilled Broccoli, Pickled Peppers and Pistachios Ingredients
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into large florets (about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Peppadew peppers (about 4 peppers)
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Two 6-ounce skin-on salmon fillets
Grilled Salmon with Grilled Broccoli, Pickled Peppers and Pistachios Directions
- Light a grill, preparing it so one section grills over moderately high heat and the other section grills over moderately low.
- In a bowl, toss the broccoli florets with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the broccoli on the hot section of the grill, turning occasionally, until nicely charred, about 4 minutes total. Move the broccoli to the cooler section of the grill and cook, turning occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes longer.
- Return the broccoli to the bowl. Add the peppers, pistachios, parsley and lemon juice and toss.
- Rub the skin side of the salmon with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil; oil the grill grates. Add the fish to the grill. Grill over moderately high heat until the skin is crisp and the fish is warm in the center, 6 to 8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets. Transfer the fish to plates and serve with the grilled broccoli salad.
Taken from: FoodandWine.com
The post Grilled Salmon with Grilled Broccoli, Pickled Peppers and Pistachios – Autumn Grill Series appeared first on Summerset Grills.