Thanksgiving Day is here and that means Christmas is around the corner. Around the world, decoration boxes will be opened, garland will be draped, and ornaments delicately hung. To get your menu ready for the season, here our series, A Very Merry Grilled Christmas, featuring winter-wonderful recipes for your grill during the holidays. First off is Sticky Orange Soy-Glazed Ham – beautifully caramelized and aromatic, this ham is a perfect use of your grill.
The ham is prepared by scoring it diagonally in 1-inch intervals and inserting cloves seasoning and presentation. The sweet glaze is a combination of orange marmalade, brown sugar, soy sauce, and ginger; and the salty soy balances the sweetness. The ham is simply roasted over indirect heat while reapplying the glace a few times. The smoke of the open flame, the caramelized sugars of the marmalade, and the spice of the ginger brings a rich depth of flavor to the succulent ham. When sliced, serve with English mustard for a beautiful presentation fit for the holidays. So, let the merriment of the season fill your home and your belly with joy, love, and char… I mean, cheer… and have A Very Merry Grilled Christmas!
Sticky Orange Soy-Glazed Ham Ingredients
- 12-14lb half leg ham
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1/2 of 20oz jar sweet orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- English mustard, to serve
Sticky Orange Soy-Glazed Ham Directions
- Preheat barbecue on high. Using a small sharp knife, cut around edge of rind. Run thumb under rind to separate from fat. Remove and discard. Score ham fat diagonally at 1-inch intervals to form a diamond pattern. Press cloves into corners of diamonds. Place ham on a wire rack in a disposable foil-baking tray. Add boiling water to pan until ¾ inch up sides of pan.
- Combine marmalade, sugar, soy sauce and ginger in a bowl. Using a pastry brush, brush half the mixture over ham. Reduce temperature to medium. Cook ham, with hood closed, using indirect heat (see note), for 30 minutes.
- Brush remaining marmalade mixture over ham. Cook, with hood closed, using indirect heat, for 45 minutes or until ham is caramelized and slightly charred. Remove ham. Cover. Set aside for 15 minutes. Remove and discard cloves. Slice ham and serve with mustard.
The post Sticky Orange Soy-Glazed Ham – A Very Merry Grilled Christmas! appeared first on Summerset Grills.