Steak and potatoes are great any time of year, but especially in autumn when you can crowd around the fire pit with delicious hot food and a warm drink. The Autumn Grill Series brings tasty and intriguing menu ideas to your grill that are fitting for this wonderful time of year. Next up is Grilled Bone-In Bison Steaks with Crisped Potatoes, featuring an herbal and tangy chimichurri sauce for added flavor.
Begin by rubbing a dozen bison steaks with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and set aside to rise to room temperature. Bison is leaner than beef and features amazing flavor and texture. The potatoes are boiled, then browned and crisped in olive oil, then seasoned with apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper. The robust chimichurri sauce packs in the flavor with Italian parsley, nasturtium leaves, mint leaves, garlic, capers, salt, pepper, olive oil, white wine vinegar, and lemon juice. Incredibly fragrant and colorful, the sauce adds gorgeous herbal and citrusy notes to complement the bison. Use these steaks on a crisp, starry night on the deck with family and friends, celebrating this season of thankfulness with the Autumn Grill Series from Summerset.
Grilled Bone-In Bison Steaks with Crisped Potatoes Ingredients
- 12 thick-cut, bone-in bison or beef tenderloin steaks
- 1 c. olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 1/2 lb. fingerling potatoes, boiled
- 2 tbsp. Apple-Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley
- Nasturtium Chimichurri Sauce
Nasturtium Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 1/2 c. Italian parsley
- 1 c. nasturtium leaves (or arugula)
- 1/2 c. mint leaves
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tsp. capers
- 1/2 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
Grilled Bone-In Bison Steaks with Crisped Potatoes Directions
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Rub steaks with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste; transfer to a baking sheet and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add boiled potatoes to skillet and cook, flipping halfway, until golden brown and crispy, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat; add cider vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with parsley, and stir to combine. Let potatoes rest in the pan while steaks cook.
- Meanwhile, grill steaks, flipping halfway, until grill marks develop and they are medium-rare, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Arrange potatoes on a serving platter; top with steaks. Place a heaping tablespoon of chimichurri sauce on each steak and sprinkle with salt; serve immediately.
Nasturtium Chimichurri Sauce
- To make the chimichurri sauce: In the bowl of a food processor, add 1 1/2 cups Italian parsley, nasturtium leaves (or arugula), mint leaves, garlic cloves, capers, and salt and pepper to taste; pulse until herbs are finely chopped.
- With food processor on low, slowly pour extra-virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar, and lemon juice. Add more salt and pepper to taste, and stir to combine.
Taken from CountryLiving.com
The post Grilled Bone-In Bison Steaks with Crisped Potatoes – Autumn Grill Series appeared first on Summerset Grills.