As we approach Christmas Day, now is the time for holiday parties and treats and presents and dinners and lights and feasting and decorations and snacking and - you get the idea. To prepare your holiday menus, A Very Merry Grilled Christmas is back with plenty of recipes and dishes for the season using your grill.
Get your holiday fare ready with a signature Bourbon Rotisserie Pork Roast, and your guests will be raving about your culinary creativity. It starts with a delectable spice-sugar rub, which infuses the pork shoulder with a delightful combination of brown sugar, garlic powder, paprika, peppercorns, mustard seed, and onion powder. Let it marinate for several hours or overnight, and watch the flavor levels intensify! Then, it's time to cook it up!
This Bourbon Rotisserie Pork Roast is cooked on the rotisserie for a perfectly balanced crispness on the outside while remaining juicy and succulent in between. To make this meal sensational, top off the pork roast with a sweet bourbon mop sauce, continuously applied during cooking for maximum caramelization of each flavorful bite.
Serve up this Bourbon Rotisserie Pork Roast at your holiday gatherings, and you'll be sure to spread joy and merriment with the mouthwatering taste and delightful aroma! This season, prepare to impress your guests with A Very Merry Grilled Christmas.
Bourbon Rotisserie Pork Roast Ingredients
- 1 5-6 pound boneless pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon kosher or sea salt
For the Rub
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
For the Mop
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 small onion, pureed
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup corn syrup (preferably dark)
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
Bourbon Rotisserie Pork Roast Directions
- To make the rub, place peppercorns and mustard seeds in a coffee grinder. Pulverize into a medium grind and place in a small bowl. Add remaining rub ingredients.
- Season pork shoulder all over with the rub, wrap in plastic, and place in refrigerate for 12 to 15 hours.
- Remove the roast from the fridge and let the meat stand at room temperature for 30-45 minutes before grilling. Season with kosher salt right before going onto the grill.
- While the roast is resting, whisk ingredients for the mop in a medium bowl. Set aside until ready to use.
- Preheat grill. Secure roast on a rotisserie rod and cook over direct low heat for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. When done, the internal temperature should be at least 145°F
- After the first hour of cooking, apply the mop every 20 minutes for the remainder of the cooking time. Remove the roast from the rotisserie, cover it with foil, and let it stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Taken from americanmadegrills.com https://americanmadegrills.com/blogs/recipes/bourbon-rotisserie-pork-roast