Wild Mushroom & Cheddar Burger – Grillsanity!
What a fantastic couple of weeks this has been: epic college hoops excitement and, most importantly, fantastic game day meals to keep you fueled through the weekend. Grillsanity rolls on for one more game with Wild Mushroom Cheddar Burgers. Featuring rich sautéed mushrooms, sharp cheddar cheese, and kickin’ chipotle ketchup, these burgers are a fitting two-handed feast for the National Championship game.
Begin by sautéing assorted chopped mushrooms in olive oil, butter, shallots, salt, pepper, thyme, and parsley until tender and succulent. Divide the ground chuck into four patties about ¾-inch thick and grill over high heat for 7 to 10 minutes flipping only once. The chipotle ketchup adds a wonderful heat and zing to the rich mushrooms and is a simple combining of pureed chipotle, ketchup, salt, and pepper. Assemble burgers on toasted buns with generous portions of mushrooms and chipotle ketchup to maximize flavor and texture. Enjoy with friends as you celebrate, or mourn, the outcome of the greatest sports tournament with Grillsanity from Summerset.
Wild Mushroom & Cheddar Burgers Ingredients
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. unsalted butter
- 12 oz. (about 1 1/2 cups) assorted mushrooms (such as cremini, lobster, chanterelle, and stemmed shiitake), chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbs. chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground chuck (80 percent lean) or ground turkey (90 percent lean)
- 1 1/2 tbs. canola oil
- 4 slices sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split; toasted, if desired
- Chipotle Ketchup (see below)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 to 3 tbs. puréed, canned chipotle in adobo (depending on how spicy you prefer it)
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Wild Mushroom & Cheddar Burgers Directions
- Heat olive oil and butter in large sauté pan over high heat until almost smoking. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add shallot, season with salt and pepper, and cook until mushrooms are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in thyme and parsley and transfer to a bowl.
- Divide meat into 4 equal portions (about 6 oz. each). Form each portion loosely into a 3/4-inch-thick burger and make a deep depression in the center with your thumb. Season both sides of each burger with salt and pepper.
- Brush burgers with canola oil, and grill on high turning once (for beef, 7 minutes for medium-rare or 10 minutes for well-done; for turkey, cook through, about 10 minutes). Top each with a slice of cheese, and use a basting cover to melt cheese during last minute of cooking.
- Place burgers on bun bottoms and top each with Chipotle Ketchup and a large spoonful of mushrooms. Cover with bun tops and serve immediately.
- Whisk together ketchup, chipotle, salt, and pepper in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend. The sauce will keep for one week in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator. Makes 1 cup.
Taken from RD.com
The post Wild Mushroom & Cheddar Burger – Grillsanity! appeared first on Summerset Grills.