A couple of weeks ago, ‘twas the season for gifting and holidays, but now ‘tis the season for football! The NFL playoffs, the College Football National Championship, and the Super Bowl are all beckoning, nay I say, commanding that we grill. Here, we have provided the ideal menu suggestion for watching America’s favorite extravaganza: the Super Bowl Slider Bar. Requiring minimal cooking time and customizable to one’s liking, these sliders are perfect for enjoying the big game regardless of weather.
What sets these sliders apart is a combination of ground chuck, ground sirloin, ground bacon, salt, and pepper yielding a patty bursting with flavor regardless of toppings. The rolls are also toasted on the grill for texture, and then buttered with a savory melted spread of shallots, butter, and Worcestershire sauce. Assembling a bar of your favorite toppings and condiments brings creativity and excitement, fitting for a day of elation at the ebb and flow of the game. Whether smoked bacon strips, refreshing guacamole, decadent sautéed mushrooms, or crispy onion strings – these grilled sliders are the ultimate football finger-food feast. So fire up the grill, make your home the game day destination, and claim your bragging rights with your friends and family!
Super Bowl Slider Bar Ingredients
- 2 lb. 80% lean ground chuck
- 8 oz. 90% lean ground sirloin
- 8 oz. ground bacon
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. granulated onion
- 1 package soft white party rolls (I like using potato rolls for these burgers)
Super Bowl Slider Bar Directions
- Place the ground beef, sirloin, and bacon in a medium bowl and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Using your hands, gently mix the seasonings with the meat. Brush a baking sheet with oil or spray with cooking spray. Using a 2-inch biscuit cutter as your form, make 12 mini burgers. Make sure that you put a thumbprint indention in the center of each one. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine the butter, shallots, Worcestershire, and granulated onion in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate if it’s going to be longer than an hour before you grill, but you want this butter to be soft and at room temperature when using.
- Oil the grill racks. Preheat your grill using all burners set on high and with the lid closed for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Split your party rolls in half and put them, cut side down, on the grill. Toast for about 2 minutes. As you take them off, smear them with the butter on the insides. Place on a platter and tent with foil. Place the burgers on the grill and grill for about 3 minutes. Turn and continue grilling for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a platter. Add one burger to each roll and serve with your favorite toppings and condiments.
Taken from FineCooking.com