The way to any man’s heart (and many a woman’s) is beautifully grilled steak, and beautifully grilled steak begins with the robust and marbly rib eye. With the Sizzling Summer Series we continue to showcase wonderful ideas to help you thoroughly enjoy the grillin’ life during these summer months. Next up is Grilled Rib Eye with Sweet-Hot Pepper Sauce, a succulent preparation where the combination of sweet and hot cherry peppers perfectly compliments the juicy texture of this legendary cut.
We begin with luxurious bone-in prime dry-aged rib eye and dry aged beef fat – that’s right! (Pause for effect…) What really sets this master apart from other steaks is preparing the beef fat and using it to baste the rib eye. The fat is quickly seared and then placed in a skillet on the grill to melt. Then, while grilling the steak, melted fat is repeatedly basted over the rib eye adding savory depth, moisture, and goodness. The sauce is an equally exquisite combination of garlic, parsley, oregano, fish sauce, sweet and hot cherry pepper, salts, and pepper that add attractive color and heat. This is steak at it’s best and will render any carnivore powerless to resist it’s lure. So have fun winning the hearts of friends and family as we continue the Sizzling Summer Series. Rule responsibly…
Grilled Rib Eye With Sweet-Hot Pepper Sauce Ingredients
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped oregano
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 4 pickled Calabrian or hot cherry peppers, seeded
- 4 pickled sweet cherry peppers, seeded
- Smoked sea salt and seaweed salt, or kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 lb. dry-aged beef fat, trimmed
- 1 (24-oz.) bone-in prime dry-aged rib-eye steak
Grilled Rib Eye With Sweet-Hot Pepper Sauce Directions
- Simmer canola oil and garlic in a 1-qt. saucepan over medium heat until garlic is tender, 4-6 minutes. Strain, discarding oil, and purée garlic in a food processor until smooth. Add olive oil, parsley, oregano, fish sauce, peppers, salts, and pepper; pulse into a thick sauce.
- Preheat grill to high; turn off burner on one side. Grill beef fat, flipping once, until slightly charred, 2-3 minutes; transfer to a 10” ovenproof skillet and place on grill. Cook until fat is melted, 20-30 minutes.
- Season steak with salts and pepper; grill, flipping once, until browned, 6-8 minutes. Using a brush, baste steak with rendered fat; continue to grill, flipping and basting as needed, until slightly charred and cooked to desired doneness, 6-8 minutes for medium rare or until an instant-read thermometer reads 125°. Rest steak 5 minutes; serve with sauce.
Taken from: Saveur.com
The post Rib Eye With Sweet-Hot Pepper Sauce – Sizzling Summer Series appeared first on Summerset Grills.