For grillers and cooks alike, the coming of fall promises delightful flavors and decadent dishes that can only be enjoyed in the changing season. We proudly present Orange Glazed Chicken and Sweet Potatoes from our Autumn Grilling Series. This hearty dish is infused with a sweet and citrusy taste that will surely capture your heart and taste buds this fall season.
The glaze, made from orange juice, maple syrup, rosemary, salt, and pepper, is simple yet incredibly satisfying for the sweet tooth. This recipe calls for chicken leg and thigh quarters for the juiciest and most natural flavor, but white meat can also be used. For an extra depth of flavor, let the glaze marinate overnight for a fantastic treat.
The effects of this dish are enhanced even more when the chicken and potatoes are grilled over an open flame. The sugars in the marinade and sweet potatoes will caramelize into the perfect autumn blend of flavor. So, grab your light sweater and favorite grilling tools, and fire up the grill for a delightful cooking experience! Orange Glazed Chicken and Sweet Potatoes from the Autumn Grilling Series is the perfect way to embrace these budding autumn days!
Orange Glazed Chicken and Sweet Potatoes Ingredients
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 3/4 c. orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 c. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into 1" thick rounds
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 tsp. pepper, divided
Orange Glazed Chicken and Sweet Potatoes Directions
- Preheat grill.
- Mix orange juice concentrate, maple syrup, rosemary, 1/2 tsp in a small bowl. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper.
- Place chicken and potatoes on the grill. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Grill chicken and potatoes for 25 minutes, turning all pieces at least once.
- Brush chicken and potatoes with one-half of the orange juice mixture, let cook 30 seconds and turn. Brush the second side, cook for one minute, and turn all pieces again. Cook for one more minute. Remove from heat and serve.