Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from Summerset to you, wishing you good health and prosperity. To bring in the New Year, we wanted to help you with that one resolution on the forefront of your mind: more grillin’! New Year’s Lamb and Pomegranate Skewers are a scrumptious addition to your New Year’s menu featuring beautiful colors, intense Middle Eastern flavors, and succulent lamb.
The secret to this recipe is pomegranate molasses, a flavor bomb of sweet and tart elements used to marinate the lamb and infuse with richness. Preheat the grill for medium-high heat and assemble lamb pieces onto skewers. Drizzle the skewers with olive oil and grill for several minutes, turning occasionally, until desired doneness. Prepare the pomegranate salad by combining pomegranate seeds, mint, and pistachios, and then sprinkle over plated skewers for wonderfully joyful presentation and finish. Attractive and addicting, these skewers are going to go fast so you’re going to need multiple batches. Have a safe and festive New Year, and we’ll be here all year to help you with that resolution.
New Year’s Lamb and Pomegranate Skewers Ingredients
- 800g (1¾ pounds) lamb fillet, cut into 4cm (1 inch) pieces
- 60ml (1/4 cup) pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 55g (1/3 cup) pistachios, finely chopped
- Lemon wedges, to serve
New Year’s Lamb and Pomegranate Skewers Directions
- Place the lamb and molasses in a sealable bag. Seal, then massage the meat to coat. Place in the fridge for 40 minutes to marinate – even longer is better.
- Thread the lamb onto 8-soaked bamboo (or metal) skewers and place on a tray as you go.
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill pan on medium-high. Drizzle the skewers with oil. Grill, turning occasionally, for 6 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil and set aside for 15 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, combine the pomegranate seeds, chopped mint, and pistachios in a bowl.
- Stack the skewers on a platter and sprinkle with pomegranate salad. Add a squeeze of lemon just before serving.
Taken from Taste.com.au