With every New Year comes a smorgasbord of resolutions of self-help, personal resolve, and ambitious dedication. Many a noble cause is begun, but few finish the race. Therefore, we want to provide the tools, inspiration, and perseverance to tackle the best New Year’s resolution: to grill like you never have before. To celebrate the New Year, the next dish is New Year’s Grilled Lobster Tails – perfect for any occasion and rich in texture and flavor.
Many people are a little nervous about cooking shellfish at home, but this simple recipe will take that apprehension away. With all seafood, freshness is paramount, so look for local distributors to get it as fresh as possible. This preparation uses a simple combination of olive oil, butter, lemon juice, dill, salt, and pepper that is brushed onto the lobster tail flesh before grilling. Grilled over medium-high heat, the lobster finishes succulent, beautiful, and full of moisture because it is roasted over flame and not over-baked or boiled. Use this same method for scallops, prawns, and other shellfish, and erase the mystique of grilling seafood. Happy New Year everyone; let’s make 2017 the Year of the Grill!
New Year’s Eve Grilled Lobster Tails Ingredients
- 6 lobster tails
- 1/4 cup/60 mL olive oil or melted butter
- 1/4 cup/60 mL fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
New Year’s Eve Grilled Lobster Tails Directions
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Cut lobster tails in half lengthwise, exposing the flesh.
- Combine remaining ingredients in small mixing bowl. Brush mixture onto flesh side of lobster tails.
- Place lobster onto the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes, depending on the size of the lobster tail, it may need to cook longer.
- Make sure to turn once during cooking process.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Taken from About.com