What an amazing year it has been, and each New Year comes faster and faster. The heart of this blog is to slow down and enjoy life with great food roasted over open flame in the beauty of the outdoors. The next couple articles will focus on tasty recipes fit for New Year’s Eve or Day, starting with New Year’s Eve Beef Kebabs. Kebabs of any flavor are ideal for a New Year’s Eve celebration where continual finger foods and hors d’oeuvres are more befitting than a sit-down meal. Featuring a rich sweet and salty marinade with robust vegetables, these kebabs are hearty and convenient.
For the beef, use top sirloin cut into 1-inch cubes, which is robust, flavorful, and will hold up to the marinade. The cubed sirloin is marinated in a combination of sherry, oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger for several hours, infusing moisture and flavor throughout. The kebabs are threaded with cubed beef, peppers, onions, and pineapple pieces, and grilled over high heat for a couple minutes per side. Simple and savory, these kebabs are a perfect addition to any party or spread. So kick off the New Year right – at the grill, enjoying life with friends and loved ones.
New Year’s Eve Beef Kebabs Ingredients
- 1 pound (450 g) beef top sirloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) sherry
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) brown sugar
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) minced ginger
New Year’s Eve Beef Kebabs Directions
- Combine vegetable oil, sherry, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger. Mix well.
- Place in a baking dish and add sirloin. Turn to coat well, cover with plastic wrap and place into refrigerator for 1-8 hours.
- Preheat grill. Tread sirloin pieces, peppers, and pineapple onto skewers. Grill over high heat until the meat is done, (about 8-10 minutes) turning occasionally.
Taken from About.com