Mother’s Day Grilled Chicken Legs
Mother’s Day is right around the corner, and whether it’s your mom, your wife, or your grandmother, moms deserve this special day of honor and thanks. Usually this is the busiest day of the year for restaurants, but you can avoid all that chaos by preparing a better meal in your own backyard. Here is Mother’s Day Grilled Chicken Legs, a sweet and finger licking good preparation that far outshines what she will find in a restaurant. After this meal you will be the numero uno male in her eyes!
Begin by seasoning the four pounds of chicken legs and thighs with salt and pepper. All the special flavor comes from the marinade, which is a combination of peach preserves, vinegar, ginger, garlic, thyme, and rosemary. The blend of flavors is what sets this recipe apart from others, with the sweetness from the preserves and balsamic vinegar, and the aromatics from the garlic and herbs. The chicken needs to marinate for only about 45 minutes at room temperature. Grill over high heat for 10 minutes per side until chicken is cooked through and the skin is beautifully glazed. Make this Mother’s Day one she will remember by cooking her a homemade meal – she will love it!
Mother’s Day Grilled Chicken Legs Ingredients
- 4 pounds chicken drumsticks and thighs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
Mother’s Day Grilled Chicken Legs Directions
- Place chicken in a large baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together peach preserves, vinegar, ginger, garlic, thyme, and rosemary.
- Pour peach mixture over chicken and toss to coat well. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and marinate at room temperature for 45 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high heat and oil the grill grate.
- Place chicken on the grill and close lid. Grill for 10 minutes, flip, and grill for 10 more minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the skin is well glazed. If chicken starts to brown too quickly, reduce heat to medium-high.
Taken from SheKnows.com
The post Mother’s Day Grilled Chicken Legs appeared first on Summerset Grills.