Mini Burgers with Cheesy Onions – Grillsanity
This is the most exciting time of the year for sports-lovers. March madness combines unbridled school spirit, a large-scale win or go home tournament, massive media coverage, and ample opportunity to grill, grill, grill. This is Grillsanity – our continuing series dedicated to make your game day menu a slam-dunk. Representing the East region, here is Mini Burgers with Cheesy Onions. These slider–size sandwiches are flavorful and perfect for fast-paced, hands in the air excitement.
These burgers begin with lean ground beef, combined with an egg, soft bread crumbs, steak seasoning, salt, and pepper for a juicy and tender patty. The cheesy onions begin with onions and thyme sautéed in butter until tender, then smoked Gouda cheese is added and stirred until melted. The resulting burgers are savory and salty, with a mild sweetness from the onions, and notes of herbal freshness from the thyme. Small enough for easy eating and bold enough to stand up to any full-size sandwich, these burgers are ideal for any game day celebration – get ready for Grillsanity.
Mini Burgers with Cheesy Onions Ingredients
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- Ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large sweet onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese (2 ounces)
- 12 cocktail buns, split and toasted
Mini Burgers with Cheesy Onions Directions
- In a large bowl combine egg, bread crumbs, and steak seasoning. Add ground beef; mix well. Shape mixture into 12 small patties. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Lightly grease the grill rack. Preheat to medium. Place patties on grill rack. Grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until done (160 degrees F), flipping once halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet melt butter over medium-low heat. Add onions, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, covered, for 13 to 15 minutes or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally. Uncover; cook and stir over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes more or until onions are golden. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Serve burgers in buns with cheesy onions.
Taken from BHG.com
The post Mini Burgers with Cheesy Onions – Grillsanity appeared first on Summerset Grills.