Korean Barbecue Burgers – Sizzling Summer Series
Bust open the summer with pool parties, fireworks, and scrumptious barbecue – this is the Sizzling Summer Series featuring tasty ideas for each weekend of the season. With July 4th just around the corner, here is an international take on the American classic cheeseburger, Korean Barbecue Burgers. Based on classic Korean bulgogi and marinade, these burgers pack unique flavors into the double fisted sandwich.
Begin with ground sirloin and add green onion, brown sugar, fresh ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, black pepper, and garlic. Mix well and divide into roughly half-pound portions for large, thick patties. Make sure to oil the grill grates or use cooking spray as the other ingredients will tend to cause sticking. Grill over medium-high heat for about 6 minutes per side and serve on toasted buns. Serve with lettuce and sliced radishes, or take it up a notch by topping with kimchi or rice vinegar. So have a blast this Independence Day with family, friends, and the Sizzling Summer Series.
Korean Barbecue Burgers Ingredients
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
- Cooking spray
- 6 (1 1/2-ounce) whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 6 red leaf lettuce leaves
- 6 tablespoons thinly sliced radishes
Korean Barbecue Burgers Directions
- Prepare grill.
- Combine first 8 ingredients. Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Place patties on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer registers 160°. Remove from grill; let patties stand 5 minutes.
- Place buns, cut sides down, on grill rack; grill 1 minute or until toasted. Place 1 patty on bottom half of each bun; top each serving with 1 lettuce leaf, 1 tablespoon radishes, and top half of bun.
Taken from CookingLight.com
The post Korean Barbecue Burgers – Sizzling Summer Series appeared first on Summerset Grills.