All across the nation grills of all varieties are lit, silly aprons are donned, and men and women of various ages raise their tongs to the sky and declare, “Can you smell that!” Memorial Day marks the beginning of the summer grilling season and is a celebration in remembrance of the brave that have died defending our country. To get your party ready, here is Jalapeño Popper Burgers featuring thick patties stuffed with a cheesy, jalapeno, bacon blend that will blow the lid off your palate.
Begin by mixing together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, minced jalapenos, chopped bacon, salt, and pepper to make the filling. Divide the Angus ground beef into eight equal portions and form thin patties. Place a ¼ cup of the filling on one patty, top with another patty, and pinch the edges. Grill the stuffed patties over medium-high heat, seasoning with chili powder, salt, and pepper. Serve on toasted buns with your favorite condiments for an explosion of salty, gooey, spicy, crunchy goodness. Celebrate our blessings, remember the fallen, and eat really good grilled food because Memorial Day is Grilling Day.
Jalapeño Popper Burgers Ingredients
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar
- 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 2 jalapeños, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 Angus ground beef
- 4 burger buns
Jalapeño Popper Burgers Directions
- Make the filling: In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, cheddar, mozzarella, and jalapeños. Season with salt and pepper, then fold in cooked bacon.
- Form ground beef into 8 large, thin rounds (about ¼”). Spoon about ¼ cup of filling mixture onto one patty, then place a second patty on top. Pinch edges to seal burger and re-shape into a disc if necessary. Repeat with remaining patties and filling mixture.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Season burgers on both sides with chili powder, salt, and pepper. Place on grill and cook until cooked through to your liking, about 6 minutes per side for medium.
- Sandwich with burger buns and serve immediately.
The post Jalapeño Popper Burgers – Memorial Day is Grilling Day appeared first on Summerset Grills.