Nothing is more American than summer BBQ’s with grilled burgers while watching baseball or John Wayne flicks all day. With our Sizzling Summer Series ramping up, there won’t be any menu hunting necessary for great grilling ideas to fit the occasion. This week we bring Jack Burgers with Grilled Peppers – a spicy, smoky, and sweet burger featuring flame roasted peppers with salt and pepper. Nothing is quite like large peppers roasted and charred over flame to bring out the flavor and heat.
Begin by choosing which type of peppers to use according to your own heat preference, such as: Serrano, Anaheim, Cubanelle, or Poblano peppers. Simply toss with olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper, and grill in a grill basket, or directly on grates if they are large enough. Indirect heat is first used to get them cooked, and then direct heat gets them charred to perfection, then they are sliced in half and the seeds removed. The burgers are grilled to preference, but 2 minutes before removing from the grill, add the peppers, and cover with cheese. The resulting piece of heaven is robust, flavorful, and nearly impossible to put down except for the occasional ice-cold refreshment. So proudly display your team’s jersey or John Wayne anthology T-shirt, and get ready for another tasty, blissful afternoon with the Sizzling Summer Series.
Jack Burgers with Grilled Peppers Ingredients
- 1 pound Serrano peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 3 pounds ground chuck
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound pepper Jack cheese, thinly sliced
- 12 hamburger buns
- Toppings: mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, lettuce, tomato slices
Jack Burgers with Grilled Peppers Directions
- Light 1 side of grill, heating to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat; leave other side unlit. Toss together peppers and olive oil. Arrange peppers in a grill basket or on an aluminum-foil tray over unlit side, and grill 10 to 15 minutes or until peppers begin to shrivel. Transfer peppers to lit side of grill, and grill 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly charred, turning halfway through. Remove from grill to a wire rack, and cool completely (about 15 minutes).
- Remove and discard stems; slice peppers in half lengthwise. Remove seeds, and sprinkle peppers with desired amount of salt.
- Preheat both sides of grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Shape ground chuck into 12 patties; sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper. Grill patties, without grill lid, 4 to 5 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Place 2 to 3 pepper halves on each patty; top with cheese. Grill, covered with grill lid, 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Butter buns, and toast on grill. Serve patties on toasted buns with desired toppings.
Taken from: SouthernLiving.com
The post Jack Burgers with Grilled Peppers – Sizzling Summer Series appeared first on Summerset Grills.