The tournament of tournaments is here and already the drama has been dynamic as favored teams have fallen, and unknowns have claimed victory. Grillsanity is here to keep you in the games and to keep you from settling for takeout. Next up are Hoisin-Dijon Chicken Skewers, featuring flavorful Asian flavors and bold Dijon. These are so light and addicting, just plan on at least a double or triple batch.
Begin by mixing the sauce of hoisin sauce, mustard, vinegar and red pepper flakes, then dividing into two portions, saving one for serving. Thread chicken slices onto pre-soaked skewers, and then brush the sauce all over. Grill over medium-high heat for a couple minutes per side, and then serve with the second portion of sauce. Salty, sweet, and spicy, the chicken finishes with beautiful color and texture. These skewers are literally ready in just minutes so you can prep for multiple batches through the day as the games march on. So hold it together (if any of your brackets are still intact) and let’s celebrate Grillsanity!
Hoisin-Dijon Chicken Skewers Ingredients
- ¾ cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1½ tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds chicken tenders or chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
Hoisin-Dijon Chicken Skewers Directions
- Count how many chicken strips you have, then soak that many bamboo skewers in warm water for 15 minutes. Heat grill to medium-high.
- In a small bowl, mix together hoisin sauce, mustard, vinegar and red pepper flakes. Divide into 2 portions, one for basting the raw chicken, another to serve with the chicken after it is cooked.
- Pat chicken pieces dry with paper towels and season lightly with salt and pepper. Thread them onto the soaked skewers and brush all over with 1 portion of the hoisin mixture. Grill chicken for 2-3 minutes per side, basting with more of the hoisin mixture as it cooks. As skewers finish cooking, reaching 165 degrees at the thickest part, transfer them to a platter. Serve with reserved sauce. Makes 6 servings.