The clock is ticking – the roses are wilting, the cards are picked over, only the cheap chocolate is left – Valentine’s Day has come and you are not prepared! The Valentine’s Day Grilling Series is here to rescue this colossal miscue and salvage the most romantic day of the year by cooking a lovely, over-the-top meal for your special someone. Next up is Herb-Crusted Filet Mignon – seductive, delicious, tender and full of herbal aroma.
One of the top cuts of meat, the filet mignon is known for its tenderness and flavor. It is first marinated in olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, marjoram, salt, and pepper for several hours, and then grilled over high heat for 5-6 minutes per side. This dish may be simple in effort, but will yield ten-fold in love and amorousness. Taking the time to prepare a special meal for your Valentine communicates value, respect, and compassion. So don’t get caught unprepared, make this Valentine’s Day one to remember with the Valentine’s Day Grilling Series.
Herb-Crusted Filet Mignon Ingredients
- 4 filet mignon, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1/4 cup/60 mL olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL rosemary
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL thyme
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL marjoram
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
Herb-Crusted Filet Mignon Directions
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a covered microwave safe bowl for 50-60 seconds. Remove and allow to cool. Add herbs and stir. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Place filet mignon into a shallow glass dish. Pour herb mixture over and turn steaks to coat. Cover and let marinate for 2-4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Right before placing steaks on grill, oil grill grates with a long pair of tongs, folded paper towels and oil. Make 3-4 passes on grates.
- Remove steaks, and season both sides with salt and pepper. Place onto grill and cook for 5-6 minutes per side, or cook to desired doneness.
- Remove steaks from heat and let rest for at least five minutes. Serve with grilled vegetables and mashed potatoes.
Taken from TheSpruce.com
The post Herb-Crusted Filet Mignon – Valentine’s Day Grilling Series appeared first on Summerset Grills.