Summer grilling isn't complete without mouthwatering burgers - and now, you can have it all: balanced, tasty, and straightforward. Introducing the Sizzling Summer Series and Healthy, Delicious Bison Burgers! These burgers are perfect for summer grilling and provide a healthier, leaner alternative to the traditional beef burger.
Bison is inherently a lower-fat and calorie option, so you can enjoy the delicious smoky flavors of grilling without feeling guilty. This delicious burger is loaded with minerals and micronutrients, allowing you to have your burger and eat it too!
Served in a sourdough bun like a traditional burger or in a bowl for a low-carb alternative, these Bison Burgers are great for all cooks and grillers looking to keep their backyard barbecues healthy and delicious.
They're an amazing addition to any summer party, picnic, or potluck. For a classic taste, top them with all your favorite fixings, such as tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, and grilled onions, or get extra creative with your marinades, sauces, and toppings for an exciting twist.
Don't miss out on a classic must-have this summer - try our premium-quality Bison Burgers from the Sizzling Summer Series, and get your grilling on!
Healthy, Delicious Bison Burger Ingredients
- Ground Bison – or ground Elk
- Onion or shallot
- Garlic cloves
- Stone-ground or Dijon mustard
- Fresh thyme (or one teaspoon of dried thyme– or sub in dried Italian herbs)
- Olive oil- optional but adds moisture.
- Serve with your favorite fixings- grilled onions, buns, mayo, mustard, BBQ sauce, tomato, lettuce, fermented pickles, pickled onions, melted cheese, etc.
Healthy, Delicious Bison Burger Directions
- Mix ground bison with garlic, shallot, fresh thyme, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil. This is optional but produces a less dry burger.
- Form into patties that are slightly indented in the centers for more even cooking.
- Grill over medium-high heat (covered) until good grill marks appear, rotating to create hash marks.
- Move to a cooler part of the grill (or lower the heat) to cook through to the desired temperature. Tip: Since bison has lower fat content than beef, it can get dry; the secret is not to overcook!
- Make the optional Bison Burger Sauce (Smoky Tangy Mayo) by mixing mayo with smoked paprika and mustard.
- Build your perfect burger! Tip: Grilling the bun gives a nice toasty texture and flavor!
Taken from feastingathome.com https://www.feastingathome.com/bison-burger/