All good things come to and end, and as we near the end of summer, so the Sizzling Summer Series draws to a close. It has been a delightful culinary adventure – we have grilled, smoked, skewered, and sautéed our way through beautiful sunsets and pool parties. For our final performance, here is Grilled Spicy Lime Shrimp with Creamy Avocado Cilantro Sauce. Plump and juicy, these shrimp are addicting and refreshing, and the creamy avocado cilantro sauce is the perfect compliment to the spicy marinade.
Begin preparing the tasty shrimp by marinating them for 30 minutes in a combination of lime juice, olive oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. The lime juice brings fresh citrus and acid to the shrimp, while the chili powder and red pepper bring a little heat. Skewered and grilled for just a couple minutes per side, these shrimp come of the grill fresh and juicy. The creamy avocado cilantro sauce is the perfect cool and creamy balance, and is made by simply combining the avocado, greek yogurt, garlic, lime and cilantro in a food processor until smooth. So as we bid farewell to the Sizzling Summer Series, we are not deterred nor disheartened, for we shall grill in every season and every weather. We will press on and we will continue… and football’s comin’!
Grilled Spicy Lime Shrimp with Creamy Avocado Cilantro Sauce Ingredients
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Juice of one large lime
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Creamy Avocado Cilantro Sauce:
- 1 avocado split and pitted
- ½ cup lowfat greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Grilled Spicy Lime Shrimp with Creamy Avocado Cilantro Sauce Directions
- In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, olive oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes. Pour into a resealable bag and add shrimp. Toss to coat and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Put the shrimp on skewers and place on the grill. Grill on each side for about two minutes or until no longer pink.
- To make the creamy avocado cilantro sauce, combine the avocado, greek yogurt, garlic, lime and cilantro, and pulse in a food processor until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately with shrimp.
Taken from TheRecipeCritic.com
The post Grilled Spicy Lime Shrimp with Creamy Avocado Cilantro Sauce – Sizzling Summer Series appeared first on Summerset Grills.