Grilled Salmon with Lemon Butter Sauce
Wintertime is traditionally the best time for preparing seafood, and before refrigeration it was healthily necessary. From the serene image of a frosted freshwater creek to the tenuous footage from an arctic crabbing boat, winter and seafood is a fitting pair. Here is a salmon recipe perfect for midwinter evenings: Grilled Salmon with Lemon Butter Sauce. Seared in minutes to lock in freshness, these fillets are basted with a rich and warm butter sauce featuring lemon and herbs.
Beginning with fresh salmon fillets and a couple medium lemons thickly sliced, both are grilled for just 3-5 minutes per side. Grilling the lemon slices adds beautiful grill marks for presentation and mesquite-roasted flavor to the dish. Most seafood requires very little cooking time, which makes them perfect for winter months when outside conditions are not favorable. The sauce is a lush combination of butter, herbs, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and quartered lemon slices. The salmon is finished moist and flaky, and can be served over rice or grilled asparagus. Don’t let the grill sit dormant in the cold, winter grilling is fun, doable, and full of flavor.
Grilled Salmon with Lemon Butter Sauce Ingredients
- 2 medium lemons
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 3 lemon slices, quartered
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried chervil
- Dash cayenne pepper
Grilled Salmon with Lemon Butter Sauce Directions
- Trim both ends from each lemon; cut lemons into thick slices. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon and lemon slices, covered, over high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until the fish flakes easily with a fork and lemons are lightly browned.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, water and lemon juice; add butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in quartered lemon slices and seasonings. Serve with salmon and grilled lemon slices. Yields 3/4 cup of sauce.
Taken from: TasteofHome.com
The post Grilled Salmon with Lemon Butter Sauce appeared first on Summerset Grills.