Any meal spent with family and friends is a sweet time, but any meal with family and friends on the grill is better! Easter is like the unofficial beginning of spring, and Summerset is here to set off the springtime grilling with fantastic recipes for you to try. This week, Grilled Pork Loin Steaks with Cherry-Plum Sauce features juicy pork loin steaks wrapped in bacon, brilliantly grilled, and topped with a savory-sweet sauce that you can’t get enough of.
Begin preparing the steaks by cutting the pork loin roast into eight 2-inch thick slices, and then thoroughly sprinkle each steak with a mixture of oil, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Wrap each slice with one strip of thick slice bacon, allow steaks to rise to room temperature for uniform cooking, and then grill over indirect medium-high heat. After eight minutes per side, transfer steaks to the lit side of the grill to finish cooking at form beautiful grill marks. The cherry-plum sauce is a reduction of sautéed shallots, dried tart cherries, plum jam, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard for a kick, salt, and pepper. Well-balanced with succulent shallots, sweet jam, tart cherries, and spicy Dijon, this sauce served warm over the finished steaks brings a smile with each bite. Such enjoyment is what grilling is all about, so kick off the spring season with an Easter Sunday meal to remember.
Grilled Pork Loin Steaks with Cherry-Plum Sauce Ingredients
- 1 (4 1/2- to 5-lb.) pork loin roast, trimmed
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 8 thick bacon slices
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (5-oz.) package dried tart cherries
- 1/2 cup plum jam
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Grilled Pork Loin Steaks with Cherry-Plum Sauce Directions
- Cut roast into 8 (2-inch-thick) slices, reserving end pieces for another use. Stir together salt, pepper, and rosemary in a small bowl. Rub each pork slice with 1/2 tsp. olive oil, and sprinkle with salt mixture, pressing to adhere. Wrap 1 bacon slice around edge of each pork slice, and secure with a wooden pick. Let pork stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Light one side of the grill, heating to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat; leave the other side unlit.
- Place pork slices over unlit side, and grill, covered with grill lid, 8 to 9 minutes on each side. Transfer pork to lit side, and grill, covered with grill lid, 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 145° or to desired degree of doneness. Let stand for five minutes. Serve with warm Cherry-Plum Sauce.
- Sauté shallot in hot oil in a small saucepan over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in cherries, next 5 ingredients, and 3/4 cup water.
- Bring cherry mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or until mixture has thickened slightly and cherries are plumped. Serve warm.
Taken from MyRecipes.com