Autumn is here with brisk evenings, the changing color of the leaves, and seasonal flavors of spice and pumpkin. These iconic days are beautiful and sometimes short-lived depending on location, so experience them with your grill and the Autumn Grilling Series from Summerset. Featuring rich aromas of harvested apples, spicy bourbon, caramelly brown sugar, Grilled Pork Chops with Apple-Bourbon Glaze brings traditional autumn savor to succulent grilled pork.
Prepare the pork chops by brushing with olive oil and applying a rub of dark brown sugar, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Keep refrigerated for 12-24 hours to let the seasoning penetrate and soften the tissue, then remove and let rise to room temperature for grilling. The glaze is a beautiful reduction of apple juice concentrate, bourbon, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, salt, and crushed red pepper that is sweet, spicy, and sticky. Grill the pork chops brushing with glaze until fully cooked, dark, and caramelized. Decadent and tender, enjoy these pork chops before a crackling fire with friends and a warm drink.
Grilled Pork Chops with Apple-Bourbon Glaze Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 (12-oz.) bone-in pork rib chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Apple-Bourbon Glaze
- 1 (12-oz.) can frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup bourbon
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
Grilled Pork Chops with Apple-Bourbon Glaze Directions
- Stir together the first 5 ingredients. Brush pork with olive oil, and rub both sides with sugar mixture. Place pork in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish; cover and chill 12 to 24 hours. Remove pork from the refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the glaze.
- Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Grill chops, covered with grill lid, 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until almost done. Brush chops with glaze; turn and brush the other side with glaze. Grill, covered with grill lid, 2 minutes.
- Repeat the process, without grill lid and turning chops every 10 seconds, until glaze thickens and chops are cooked through.
- Stir together the first 5 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 13 to 15 minutes or until mixture has thickened and is reduced to about 1 cup. Stir in red pepper.
Taken from myrecipes.com