Bust open and ice-cold beverage; bring out the red, white, and blue decorations; and grab yourself a box of fun to blow up – the Fourth of July is just around the corner and the Sizzling Summer Series has what is on the menu. Delight your guests and family with Grilled Maple-Mustard Chicken Wings, featuring a peppery rub and a sweet and tangy sauce. The combination of flavors is bold and exciting, perfect for a day of fun, food, and fireworks.
Begin by separating three pounds of chicken wings into drummettes and midsections, and then season with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. The maple-mustard sauce is a rich combination of maple syrup, Dijon mustard, whole-grain mustard, cider vinegar, and soy sauce simply whisked together and set aside. Oil the grates and grill over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, then begin thoroughly brushing the sauce on the chicken repeatedly for 10-15 minutes longer. The resulting caramelization on the chicken is wonderful and makes the wings very addicting. Like a flavor firecracker in the mouth these wings are bursting with flavor and texture – this is the Fourth of July with the Sizzling Summer Series.
Grilled Maple-Mustard Chicken Wings Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 pounds chicken wings, separated into drumettes and midsections (or flats), wing tips discarded
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Vegetable oil, for oiling the grill
Grilled Maple-Mustard Chicken Wings Directions
- Combine the salt, pepper, and cayenne in a large container with a tightfitting lid or a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken and toss with your hands until evenly coated. Close the container and refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, place the maple syrup, Dijon mustard, whole-grain mustard, vinegar, and soy sauce in a small, nonreactive bowl and whisk to combine; set aside.
- Heat an outdoor grill to medium high (about 375°F to 425°F). When the grill is ready, use tongs to rub the grate with several layers of paper towels dipped in vegetable oil. Place the wings on the grate in a single layer so they are not touching (if needed, cook them in batches). Cover the grill and cook, flipping the wings occasionally with tongs, until the skin is opaque and no longer raw-looking, about 10 minutes. Brush all over with the reserved maple-mustard sauce and continue to cook, flipping and basting occasionally, until the wings are golden brown, no longer pink at the bone, and the skin is crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes more.
Taken from Chowhound.com
The post Grilled Maple-Mustard Chicken Wings – Sizzling Summer Series appeared first on Summerset Grills.