Grilled Lobster with Lime-Bay Butter – Sizzling Summer Series
The end of summer can mean many things – the beginning of the school year or the end of holiday and vacations. Yet this summer is distinctively weightier; it’s the end of an era; the great goodbye that no one wants and nobody can stop – this is the end of the Sizzling Summer Series. With the final entry we bring Grilled Lobster with Lime-Bay Butter, a decadent texture with hints of lime and herbs that bring a refreshing lift to the buttery richness.
Grilling lobster on the grill adds depth of flavor and beautiful grill marks. To prepare the lobsters for grilling, they are first parboiled to get things started. The lime-bay butter is prepared by melting butter in a saucepan with lime juice, a bay leaf, black pepper, and salt. The lime juice and bay leaf lighten the rich butter while adding tasty zing and aromatics. The lobsters are cut in half, brushed with the butter, and then grilled on each side for about five minutes. With the end sadly in sight, this is the grand celebration, the culmination of eight weeks of terrific summer grilling inspiration; this is the Sizzling Summer series.
Grilled Lobster with Lime-Bay Butter Ingredients
- 3 fresh lobsters
- ½ c. butter
- ¼ c. fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp. Crushed Bay Leaf
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Bay leaves (optional)
Grilled Lobster with Lime-Bay Butter Directions
- Bring 3 inches of water in an 8-quart saucepan to boiling over high heat. Add lobsters to the pan, cover, and cook 10 minutes. Remove lobsters from saucepan and let cool.
- Heat grill to medium heat. In a 1-quart saucepan, heat butter, lime juice, bay leaf, black pepper, and salt over low heat for 10 minutes.
- When lobsters are cool to the touch, cut in half lengthwise and brush cut side with lime-bay butter. Place lobsters, cut-side down, on the grill about 4 inches from heat source. Cook 5 minutes. Carefully turn lobsters over, brush with butter, and continue grilling until lobster meat is cooked through — about 5 minutes longer.
- Transfer lobsters to a serving plate and garnish with lime wedges and bay leaves, if desired. Serve one-half lobster per person.
Taken from: CountryLiving.com
The post Grilled Lobster with Lime-Bay Butter – Sizzling Summer Series appeared first on Summerset Grills.