Some are having colder temperatures, whereas some of us are getting snow this weekend. Either way, it's time to enjoy the fall season while it's here, and the Autumn Grill Series continues with terrific recipes of the season. Next up is Grilled Endive with Pistachios, Dried Cherries, and Feta Cheese, a vegetarian delight with fittingly beautiful texture and color. When grilled, endive's sharp flavor softens into a mellow, nutty sweetness that pairs well with the pistachios, cherries, and feta. The smoky charred bits become addictive and delightful, making this a perfect appetizer or side dish.
Begin by coating the endive in a mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Grill the endive over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes per side until tender with a gorgeous char on each side. Combine the pistachios, cranberries, and feta cheese, and serve the endive topped with the mixture. The feta's saltiness combines perfectly with the sweetness of the cherries, while the pistachios add a beautiful nutty texture. With these flavors and colors of harvest time, this dish is a perfect representation of what fall grilling is all about.
Grilled Endive with Pistachios, Dried Cherries, and Feta Cheese Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 heads endive cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cherries chopped if they are large
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
Grilled Endive with Pistachios, Dried Cherries, and Feta Cheese Directions
- In a shallow glass baking dish, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Add the endive and toss to coat.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Lightly brush the grill with canola oil.
- Place the endive on the grill and cook 3 to 5 minutes per side, depending on the endive thickness. The endive should be tender, with grill marks.
- In a small bowl, combine the pistachios, dried cherries, and feta cheese.
- Divide the cooked endive between 4 plates and top each serving with some of the pistachio mixture. Serve.
Taken from cookincanuck.com