The heat is on and the grill is hot! There’s nothing like long evenings, relaxing by the grill after a busy day, culminating with a great meal. This is the Sizzling Summer Series, providing endless options for these perfect nights. This week’s dish is Grilled Citrus-Herb Chicken, perfectly grilled chicken doused in a dressing of herbs, citrus juice, and oil. The ease of this dish allows for experimenting to find your favorite citrus-herb pairing, such as lemon juice and parsley, orange juice and tarragon, lime juice and cilantro, lemon juice and basil, or even grapefruit juice and rosemary!
Regardless of which herb and citrus juice combination you settle on, it all begins with the chicken. Generously season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper while prepping the grill. It is essential to get a good sear over high heat to brown the outside and lock in moisture, then finish cooking over indirect heat. Chicken is often moved too soon before getting an adequate sear, or left on the grill too long and rendered tasteless and dry, so don’t overthink it. The sweet and tart flavors of the citrus married with the fragrance of the herbs will create a light and refreshing signature over the moist chicken. So grab your favorite herbs and juice, and start experimenting with the Sizzling Summer Series.
Grilled Citrus-Herb Chicken Ingredients
- 1/4 cup fresh citrus juice (lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice, grapefruit juice)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh herbs (parsley, oregano, basil, cilantro, rosemary, mint, tarragon, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 8 chicken breasts (skinless boneless or with skin and bones — whatever kind you prefer)
Grilled Citrus-Herb Chicken Directions
- Whisk together citrus juice, herbs, garlic, 1/2 tablespoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl and add oil in a slow stream, whisking.
- Generously season the chicken breasts, on both sides, with salt and black pepper.
- Prepare grill. When you can hold your hand 5 inches above rack for 3 to 4 seconds, sear chicken breasts (in batches if you have to) over high heat, uncovered, turning once, until well browned, 6 to 8 minutes total, then transfer as cooked to tray. Put all browned chicken breasts on side of grill with the burner turned off and cook with indirect heat, turning occasionally, until just cooked through (the meat, when opened slightly, will be moist but no longer pink), 12 to 15 minutes more.
- Transfer breasts to bowl with citrus herb dressing and turn to coat, then transfer to platter and enjoy.
Taken from: PopSugar.com
The post Grilled Citrus-Herb Chicken – Sizzling Summer Series appeared first on Summerset Grills.