Springtime is a wonderful time for the sports fanatic and the grilling enthusiast. With the start of the baseball season, the NBA playoffs, and the NHL Playoffs, there are ample opportunities to seize the day and seize the grill for a game day extravaganza with the Game Day Grilling Series. This week we have Gremolata Swordfish Skewers, featuring fresh meaty swordfish grilled with lemon and topped with gremolata – a garnish of parsley, garlic, and lemon. Light, refreshing, and fragrant, these skewers are great for an afternoon gathering to watch the action.
Skewers are a great menu option for sporting BBQ’s since they generally require just minutes on the grill and can be enjoyed throughout the game. This simple preparation begins with tossing the swordfish chunks in lemon juice, olive oil, red pepper flakes, and salt. The gremolata is a simple mixture of lemon zest, fresh parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper. Assemble the skewers with 4 lemon slices and 3 pieces of marinated swordfish, and then grill over medium direct heat for several minutes flipping once. Top the finished skewers with the gremolata and a drizzle of olive oil for a citrusy and herbal delight. These epic days of sports drama won’t last for long, so get outside and enjoy the Spring with your friend, loved ones, and the Game Day Grilling Series.
Gremolata Swordfish Skewers Ingredients
- 4 lemons
- 1/2 c. finely chopped parsley
- 2 tsp. finely minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lb. skinless swordfish fillet, cut into uniform chunks for skewering
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. hot red pepper flakes
Gremolata Swordfish Skewers Directions
- Heat grill with a medium-hot fire.
- Zest and juice one of the lemons to get 2 teaspoons zest and 3 tablespoons juice; reserve. Cut remaining 3 lemons into thin slices.
- To make gremolata, toss lemon zest, parsley, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and pepper in a small bowl with a fork until combined.
- In a large bowl, toss swordfish pieces with reserved lemon juice, olive oil, red pepper flakes, and remaining salt. Alternately thread 4 lemon slices and 3 swordfish chunks onto each of eight 10-inch metal skewers.
- Grill skewers 8 to 10 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until fish is cooked through. To serve, place 2 skewers on each plate and sprinkle with gremolata. Drizzle with olive oil.
Taken from CountryLiving.com
The post Gremolata Swordfish Skewers – Game Day Grilling Series appeared first on Summerset Grills.