Favorite things are preferred, beloved, desired, and chosen. They are the things we are passionate for; the things we crave to do and have above all else. For some, it may be coffee or chocolate; for others, surfing or reading; but for us, it is football and whatever other sport is on when football is not! The Game Day Grilling Series continues with Favorite Barbecue Chicken, featuring a well-balanced sweet and tangy sauce that is sure to become your favorite.
Begin preparing the sauce by sautéing onion and garlic in oil, then adding ketchup, honey, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. The vinegar and Worcestershire sauce will bring balance to the sugars and honey. To grill the chicken, simply dip in the sauce to cover, and then grill over medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes. For the final glazing and caramelization, finish the chicken in a skillet with a little more sauce. So, get ready this weekend for your favorite team, hanging with your favorite people, and enjoying your favorite food with the Game Day Grilling Series.
Favorite Barbecue Chicken Ingredients
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Favorite Barbecue Chicken Directions
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic until tender. Stir in ketchup, honey, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Cook for a few minutes to thicken sauce. Remove from heat, and allow to cool.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Dip chicken in sauce, and turn to coat. Cook on grill for 10 to 15 minutes, turning once. Move chicken to the skillet with sauce. Simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side.
The post Favorite Barbecue Chicken – Game Day Grilling Series appeared first on Summerset Grills.