Make this Father's Day one your dad won't forget! Impress him with Father's Day Jack Daniel's Grilled Steak—a showstopper dinner you can make at home with mouthwatering results. This New York Strip steak is marinated in the iconic Jack Daniel's whiskey and soy sauce for a delicious, moist, tender feast your dad will be proud to call his own!
Before getting started, remember to let the steaks rise to room temperature first—guaranteeing superior uniform cooking. When ready, preheat your grill to high heat, then go ahead and sear those steaks to taste. And don't forget about the sweet onions and zucchini. Coat them in olive oil and get them on the fire until they're beautifully charred.
Whether it's your very first time on the grill or you’ve been grilling for years, Jack Daniel’s Grilled Steak is sure to impress with its bold flavor you won't find anywhere else. Get grilling this Father’s Day and create an experience worth remembering!
Father’s Day Jack Daniel’s Grilled Steak Ingredients
- 4 (8 ounces each) New York Strip Steaks, boneless
- 1/2- cup Jack Daniel's Whiskey
- 1/2- cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4- cup light brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 whole sweet onions, cut into rings
- 4 zucchinis, cut into rings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Father’s Day Jack Daniel’s Grilled Steak Directions
- Place the steaks in a large pan to hold all 4. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the whiskey, soy sauce, olive oil, mustard, brown sugar, garlic, and fresh ground pepper; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the marinade over the steaks, turning the steaks once or twice to coat evenly with the marinade.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate overnight, or at least for 4 hours, in the refrigerator, turning it once while in the fridge.
- Remove steaks from the fridge 30 minutes before you are ready to grill.
- Fire up the grill and preheat to high. For steaks, you want the heat as high as possible.
- Right before you are ready to cook, pour cooking oil on a paper towel and oil the grate using long-handled tongs.
- Drain the marinade off the steak and discard the marinade.
- Place the steak on the hot grate and grill until cooked to taste, 6 to 8 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- After the steak is appropriately seared, if it's not finished cooking, move it to the warm side of the grate (not directly over the coals), close the lid, and continue to cook the steak until it's at the desired temperature for doneness.
- To test for doneness, insert an instant-read thermometer on the side of the steak. The internal temperature should be 145°F for medium-rare.
- Transfer the grilled steaks to a cutting board and rest for about 5 minutes before cutting.
- In the meantime, prepare the vegetables. Season the onions and zucchini with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- In batches, grill the vegetables until tender and lightly charred all over, about 6 to 7 minutes for the onions and zucchini.
- Remove from grill and serve with steaks.
Taken from diethood.com https://diethood.com/jack-daniels-grilled-steak-recipe/