Friends, it's time to treat Dad right this Father's Day! Let him know you care this Father's Day with our delicious Father's Day Barbecue Beef Flank Steak! Our tender flank steak is marinated in a beer-infused barbecue sauce, creating a flavor that Dad will remember. This mouthwatering meal is the perfect way to show your appreciation.
Pour your favorite brew into the mix and watch as the subtle bitterness of the beer plays a supporting role behind the star: our lip-smacking BBQ sauce. Grillers and cooks alike will love experimenting with different varieties to create unique flavor profiles for this special occasion. Prepare for an unforgettable Father's Day meal that will hit the right spot. Wake up Dad's taste buds with these succulent flavors lovingly created by you.
Father’s Day Barbecue Beef Flank Steak Ingredients
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup strong beer
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) trimmed beef flank steak
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Father’s Day Barbecue Beef Flank Steak Directions
- Pour ketchup, molasses, and white vinegar into a bowl; add white sugar, two teaspoons of black pepper, one teaspoon of salt, cayenne pepper, cumin, allspice, and cinnamon. Whisk until the sauce is smooth. Pour in beer.
- Place flank steak into a non-reactive container; pour sauce over the meat. Using two forks, poke at least 100 holes per side in the flank steak.
- Cover the container with plastic wrap and marinate the beef for 8 to 12 hours (up to overnight).
- Remove the flank steak from the marinade and pat the meat dry with paper towels. Pour leftover marinade into a saucepan, place over medium heat, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes to make a basting sauce.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate. Season flank steak with salt and black pepper.
- Grill flank steak for 2 1/2 minutes; turn the meat around on the grate to a 45-degree angle to make diamond grill marks; grill for 2 1/2 more minutes. Repeat on the second side, turning meat 45 degrees after 2 1/2 minutes and grilling for 2 1/2 more.
- Flip the steak to the original side and paint the meat with sauce. Continue to grill until sauce has glazed onto the meat, about 30 seconds. Turn the meat over and brush the other side with sauce. The sauce will burn if cooked too long. Repeat, brushing and glazing sauce onto the beef for about 30 seconds on each side. An instant-read meat thermometer, inserted into the thickest part of the flank steak, should read 125 degrees F (52 degrees C).
- Transfer steak to a platter and let rest 5 to 10 minutes before slicing lengthwise down the center; cut each half across the grain into slices about 3/8 inch thick. Drizzle slices with more sauce to serve.
Taken from allrecipes.com https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/233294/beerbecue-beef-flank-steak/