A man’s home is his castle and his recliner is his throne! With Father’s Day this week, let’s pull out all the stops and honor Dad with a fantastic meal fit for a king. For this special day, here is Basil Butter Smothered Lobster Tails, featuring fresh lobster tails smothered in basil-infused butter. Lobster is already very rich in taste and texture, so just a few minutes on the grill is all that is needed for this kingly dish.
As with all seafood and shellfish, freshness is paramount, making all the difference in taste, texture, and aroma. Begin by splitting the lobster tails in half to prepare them for grilling. Brush the flesh with olive oil and grill cut side down over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes. The basil butter is a simple combination of fresh basil, butter, salt, and pepper and can be blended in a food processor until smooth. Once removed from the grill, top each tail with a heavy amount of basil butter and serve. Ready in just minutes, this is the easiest fancy meal there is, and the king will think you slaved away all day for his pleasure. So, have a wonderful Father’s Day with your spouse, father, or grandpa; and don’t worry, he will be asleep before you know it…
Basil Butter Smothered Lobster Tails Ingredients
- 1 pound butter
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped and pressed firmly into cup
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 large lobsters tails
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Basil Butter Smothered Lobster Tails Directions
- In a blender or food processor combine butter and basil. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste and blend to mix. If you are using salted butter you might not need to add salt. Transfer the mixture into a small bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Prepare lobster tails by splitting in half. To do this, use a large, sharp knife. Place the lobster tails on a cutting board backside down. Cut down through the center to the shell the whole length. Fold back, breaking through the shell. You can use kitchen shears to cut through the shell if you need to.
- Brush flesh lightly with oil and place cut side down on a preheated grill over a medium heat. Grill for 5 to 7 minutes depending on the size of the lobster tails.
- Remove from grill, brush heavily with basil butter, and serve.
Taken from TheSpruce.com
The post Basil Butter Smothered Lobster Tails – Father’s Day appeared first on Summerset Grills.