Barbequed Maple Balsamic Burgers – Autumn Grilling Series
It's that time of year again. Time to break out the grill and enjoy the cooler weather! And what better way to celebrate the season than with our new Autumn Grilling Series? We've taken all the fall flavors into one delicious package - our Barbequed Maple Balsamic Burgers.
These burgers are made with a unique infusion of maple balsamic vinegar, which gives them a unique and robust flavor. We've added just the right amount of smoky flavor to bring out the best in these burgers. So whether you're grilling for a crowd or just enjoying a night in with family, these burgers are sure to please. So come on in and try our Autumn Grilling Series today!
Begin preparing the ground beef mixture by combining an egg, 2 pounds of ground beef, cumin, salt, pepper, minced garlic, and maple balsamic vinegar. Refrigerate for a few hours to thoroughly season and infuse the meat, then divide it into four equal patties.
To make the maple balsamic ketchup, combine your favorite ketchup with the remaining maple balsamic vinegar to take this centerpiece condiment to the next level.
Grill the burgers over medium-high with hickory wood for a smoky flavor, and then assemble them on a toasted bun with a grilled onion slice, lettuce, and maple balsamic ketchup.
It's a fist full of glorious goodness as the combination of textures, smoky flavors, and sweetness perfectly complement one another. Grab a warm sweater and drink, and fire up the grill to enjoy the season with the Autumn Grilling Series.
Barbequed Maple Balsamic Burgers Ingredients
- 1 Egg, whisked
- 1 Small Onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 5 Soft Pretzel Buns
- 5 Leaves of Romaine Lettuce
- 5 Slices Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup Quality Ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Hickory Smoking Chips (optional)
- 4 1/2 Teaspoons Devo Maple Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Vegetable Oil for brushing the grill
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- Some charcoal briquettes for the grill or a gas grill
Barbequed Maple Balsamic Burgers Directions
- Mix the egg and ground beef in a large bowl until blended. Add the cumin, salt, pepper, minced garlic, and two teaspoons of maple balsamic vinegar, and mix until evenly combined. Cover the ground beef mixture with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator to marinate for 3 hours.
- Start heating the coals for about 45 minutes before you want to grill the patties. Allow the coals to heat up with the lid off the barbeque, keeping an eye on them. And, of course, do not work with your grill next to anything flammable, like dry wood, brush, plants, paper, etc.
- While the coals are smoldering, make the balsamic ketchup. Using a fork or a small whisk, blend the ketchup and the remaining 2 and 1/2 teaspoons of maple balsamic vinegar until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- When the coals are white on the outside and glowing orange, they are ready for grilling. Lightly brush the grill with vegetable oil to help keep the onions and patties from getting stuck to it. Place the onion slices on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove them and set them aside on a plate lined with paper towels for later.
- Sprinkle the hickory chips on the coals along the edge of the grill. Immediately place the patties on the grill, cover it, and ensure the holes on the lid are open so the coals can breathe. Cook the patties for about 4-5 minutes, flip them, place a slice of cheddar cheese on each one, and allow them to cook for 4-5 minutes more. Then remove the patties and set them aside on a plate. You can also toast the buns on the grill for about 2 minutes if you'd like.
- To assemble the burgers, spread one teaspoon of maple balsamic ketchup on the inside of the top and bottom buns. Place the patty on top of the bottom bun, the grilled onion, and the romaine lettuce. Top it with the top bun and serve immediately.
Taken from adventuresincooking.com https://adventuresincooking.com/barbequed-maple-balsamic-burger-with/