I love this time of year as the leaves begin to change color, the nights begin cooling off, and the weekends are all about football, baby! Whether collegiate or professional, each autumn weekend provides ample opportunity – dare I say, obligation – for a football party and grill. Next in the Game Day Grilling series is Barbecue Beef Kebabs – beautifully marinated, grilled, and served with sweet and savory coleslaw, these kebabs are perfect for celebrating the game-winning drive.
All kebabs begin with the meat, and these call for fresh boneless beef sirloin. To moisten and infuse flavor, the beef is marinated in a combination of onion, grainy mustard, olive oil, fresh garlic, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt, and pepper. The beef, corn, and bell peppers are cubed into similar sizes for uniform cooking, threaded onto skewers, and grilled over medium-high heat. The coleslaw is a crisp and refreshing combination of red cabbage, apples, chives, cider vinegar, mayonnaise, sugar, salt, and pepper that features amazing texture and flavor. Featuring perfect balance of texture, temperature, and savory, these skewers are going to go fast. So get ready for fall, fun, and football; and make the meal as memorable as the game with the Game Day Grilling series.
Barbecue Beef Kebabs Ingredients
- 1 small onion
- 2 tbsp. Grainy mustard
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. Freshly ground pepper
- 1½ lb. boneless beef sirloin (cubed)
- 2 small ears corn (cut into 1 inch portions)
- 2 red bell peppers (cut into 1 inch slices)
- ⅓ c. reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2½ tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. fresh chives
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. Freshly ground pepper
- 3 c. coleslaw mix
- 2 c. red cabbage
- 1 Golden Delicious apple
- olive oil
Barbecue Beef Kebabs Directions
- Kebabs: Combine onion, mustard, oil, garlic, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt, and pepper in a large resealable food-storage bag; add beef. Seal bag and toss thoroughly to coat. Marinate in refrigerator at least 3 hours, or up to 8 hours.
- Slaw: Whisk all slaw ingredients except coleslaw mix, red cabbage, and apple in a medium bowl until blended. Add coleslaw mix, red cabbage, and apple; toss until evenly coated. Refrigerate up to 8 hours.
- Thread corn, beef, and bell pepper pieces alternately onto 12-inch metal skewers. Grill over medium-high heat, turning frequently and brushing with olive oil, if necessary, 14 minutes for medium rare, or until desired doneness. Let skewers rest 3 minutes. Serve with slaw.
Taken from: Delish.com