Great grub and football go hand and hand. From delicious snacks and appetizers, to terrific main courses, the Game Day Grilling Series has all the fixin’s to get you through the season. Next up is Bacon-Wrapped Grilled Chicken Skewers, a wonderful combination of salty bacon, thin-cut chicken strips, and sweet barbecue sauce. Perfect as an appetizer or the featured dish, these skewers are full of flavor and addicting.
Begin by wrapping each chicken breast strip with a full slice of thick-cut bacon, and then thread onto skewers. Be sure to oil the grill grates to prevent sticking, and grill over medium-high heat. While cooking, repeatedly baste with a simple sauce of ketchup, maple syrup, yellow mustard, and black pepper until bacon is crispy and chicken is well-cooked. The fat of the bacon and the sugars of the sauce will caramelize beautifully creating luscious flavors and textures. So get ready for this weekend’s big game with great grub from the Game Day Grilling Series.
Bacon-Wrapped Grilled Chicken Skewers Ingredients
- 1 (16 ounce) package boneless, skinless chicken breast strips
- 15 slices of thick-cut bacon
- 15 wooden or metal skewers
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Bacon-Wrapped Grilled Chicken Skewers Directions
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Wrap each strip of chicken with a slice of bacon. Skewer each bacon-wrapped chicken strip onto a wooden or metal skewer, making sure to weave the skewer through both the bacon and the chicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ketchup, maple syrup, mustard and black pepper.
- Place skewers on your well-oiled grill (to prevent sticking) and grill one side for about 3 minutes or until bacon starts to crisp. Turn over and baste the grilled side with half of the sauce while the other side cooks. After about 3 minutes, turn the skewers back over and baste the other sides. Continue to flip and baste until the bacon is caramelized and crispy and the chicken is cooked all the way through. Chicken is cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove from grill and enjoy!
Taken from TheBakerMama.com
The post Bacon-Wrapped Grilled Chicken Skewers – Game Day Grilling Series appeared first on Summerset Grills.