Watch the game, cheer on your team and chow down! As we continue our Super Bowl Grilling Series, it is time to bring out the big guns: Introducing Super Bowl Buffalo Wings with Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce! Get ready for some serious heat and flavor as these spicy wings meet their match on a hot grill. It’s time to let the marinade and the grill do their work!
No griller should be without a batch of these unique Buffalo Wings at their next gathering. They make an especially inviting snack that retains its crunchiness until before the final quarter. Even when you’re yelling at the screen like crazy, you will find yourself unable to resist grabbing another one of these tangy treats — trust us.
So grab your tongs, send out those invites and get ready for some serious football snacking! But don't forget to double up – because after one bite, you won't be able to keep them around for long!
Makes about 24 wings
Super Bowl Buffalo Wings Ingredients
- 4 pounds chicken wings (about 24)
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk (about)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
Super Bowl Buffalo Wings Directions
- Combine marinade ingredients together and mix well. Place chicken wings in a large resealable bag. Pour marinade over top. Turn to coat and refrigerate for 2 to 6 hours.
- For blue cheese sauce: combine blue cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, and Worcestershire cause in a bowl. Stir until smooth. Add enough milk to give the sauce the consistency of pancake batter. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat grill. Remove wings from marinade and reserve marinade. Place wings on hot grill over a low fire. Grill until done (about 20 minutes), brushing with reserved marinade halfway through the cooking time. Serve with blue cheese sauce and celery sticks.