The sun is shining, snow is melting, trees are in full bloom, people have pulled out their grills from storage or just set up new ones on patios everywhere - it must be spring! This early springtime weather calls for some great meals with lots of veggies and lighter fare perfect before transitioning into those long summer days at our poolside barbecues. The Springtime Grilling Series continues with Strawberry, Bacon, and Brie Chicken Burgers, featuring ground chicken and herb patties topped with sweet strawberries, salty bacon, and smooth brie.
Ground chicken is generally pretty lean, so we will mix in onion, garlic, fresh basil, fresh mint, salt, and pepper to bring out the flavor. Form the mixture into four patties and grill until cooked through, adding the brie just before they’re done. The killer part of this burger is the handmade strawberry compote, a refreshing combination of sliced strawberries, basil, mint, and balsamic vinegar. Surprisingly addicting, the compote is placed below and on top of the chicken patty allowing the juicy mixture to surround the chicken for a delightful sandwich. No matter what month of the calendar it happens to be, at Summerset Grills, we've got fantastic recipes year-round to enjoy!
Makes 4 burgers
Strawberry, Bacon, and Brie Chicken Burgers Ingredients
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ¼ onion, grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces brie, room temperature
- 8 pieces reduced-fat bacon, cooked
- 4 whole-wheat buns
Strawberry, Bacon, and Brie Chicken Burgers Directions
- Preheat the grill.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, onion, garlic, ½ tablespoon of basil, ½ tablespoon of mint, ¾ teaspoon salt, and pepper. DO NOT OVERMIX. Form into four patties.
- Grill until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Do not overcook!
- While burgers are grilling, combine strawberries remaining basil, mint, and balsamic vinegar, and season to taste with black pepper.
- Cook bacon.
- When the burgers are about 15 seconds from being done, put the cheese on.
- Scoop strawberries onto bottom buns, top with patty, a little bit more strawberry, and bacon.