Summer is here in full force and beauty, which means it’s time to get busy with the grill as often as we can for pool parties, evening sunsets, and serene picnics. The Sizzling Summer Series is back with searing goodness and recipes to keep your grill going all season long. Next up is Sticky Asian Grilled Chicken, a finger-licking good time with simple grilled chicken covered in a sticky sauce of Asian spices and flavors.
The secret to this recipe is the amazing sauce, which can be applied to your favorite protein. A reduction of water, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, sriracha, brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic until thickened, this sticky Asian sauce features the perfect balance of sweet, salty, and slight heat. Grill the chicken breasts over medium heat until done, toss the chicken in the sauce, and serve with cilantro, sesame seeds, or green onions. With deep color, the sauce looks incredible, and with taste to match, this chicken is delicious for a weekend get together. Get grilling taking advantage of the spectacular weather and longer days with the Sizzling Summer Series.
Sticky Asian Grilled Chicken Ingredients
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 3/4 inch thickness
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (I use low sodium)
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce (hot red chili sauce found in the Asian section of grocery stores) OR 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
Sticky Asian Grilled Chicken Directions
- Add water, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, sriracha sauce (or red pepper flakes), brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic to a medium saucepan. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes until reduced down to half.
- Uncover the saucepan and bring the heat to medium-high, stirring regularly until thickened (about 8-10 minutes) then remove from heat. *Be careful not to let the sauce burn when it thickens.
- Grease and preheat the grill. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Grill for 5-6 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Drizzle chicken (or toss) with the sauce and garnish with cilantro, sesame seeds, or green onions if desired. Serve immediately.
Taken from lecremedelacrumb.com