Valentine's Day is just a few days away, and it's time to make plans for a romantic dinner with your sweetheart and our Valentine's Day Grilling Series. If you're not sure how to cook something that will impress, Steak and Lobster with Spicy Roasted Garlic Chimichurri Butter is the way to go! Not only is this dish savory and delicious, but it pairs wonderfully with sides like grilled asparagus or roasted potatoes. The best part? It's easy enough for any home chef to handle. All you need are some fresh ingredients from your local grocery store, a short time on the grill, and voila! You have an impressive, lovely meal ready in no time at all.
Start by creating the spicy compound butter, which is fragrant from the garlic, hot from the Fresno chile, and salty from chopped anchovies. The steaks get seasoned with paprika, coriander, brown sugar, garlic, cayenne, salt, and pepper and grilled over medium-high heat until medium-rare. Divide the lobster tail in half, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and grill face down for a few minutes. Flip the lobster and add compound butter while finishing cooking. Serve freshly grilled steak and lobster with the gorgeous Chimichurri butter for a lavish meal for a magical night. Your special someone will be impressed by your cooking skills and presentation for a romantic evening of love.
Steak and Lobster with Spicy Roasted Garlic Chimichurri Butter Ingredients
- 2 lobster tails
- 2 in bone- ribeye steaks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- olive oil for cooking
- real deal french fries for serving
Spicy Garlic Chimichurri Butter
- 1 small head roasted garlic mashed (or 2 grated garlic cloves)*
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter softened
- 1 shallot minced or grated
- 1 anchovy fillet finely chopped
- 1 Fresno chile seed + chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
Steak and Lobster with Spicy Roasted Garlic Chimichurri Butter Directions
- To roast the garlic, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Chop off the top portion of the garlic head to reveal cloves. Peel any excess paper/skin off from the bulb of garlic. Place the cloves onto tin foil and pour about a teaspoon of olive oil on top. Cover with the foil. Place in the oven and roast for 45 minutes, or until the garlic is golden brown and soft. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for five minutes. Squeeze the garlic out of the paper skin into a bowl and mash well with a fork.
- To make the Spicy Garlic Chimichurri Butter, add the roasted garlic to a medium bowl and finely mash it with a fork. You can also use a knife to mash the garlic into a paste. Add the butter to the bowl and mix it with the garlic. Add the shallot, anchovy, Fresno chile, cilantro, parsley, oregano, and salt. Mix well. Keep the butter room temp if used right away or store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- To make the steak and lobster, combine the paprika, coriander, brown sugar, garlic, cayenne, and a good pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl. Season the steaks all over with the spices.
- Use kitchen shears or a very sharp knife to cut the lobster tail right down the center. Rub the lobster's flesh with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill, grill pan, or cast-iron skillet over high heat. Once hot, place the steaks on the grates, cook until desired doneness, about 5-8 minutes (depending on thickness) for medium-rare, per side.
- About five minutes before the steaks are done cooking, place the lobster, flesh side down on the hot grill (or pan), cook for about 5 minutes, flip the tails over, and spread the chimichurri butter over the tails. Continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes or until the shells are bright red. Remove both the steak and tails from the heat.
- To serve, place the hot steaks on a platter, add a good dollop of the chimichurri butter and the lobster tails. Serve with french fries and salt. Enjoy!
Taken from HalfBakedHarvest.com https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/surf-turf-steak-lobster-spicy-roasted-garlic-chimichurri-butter/