Cheeseburgers have become our national food, and what better way to celebrate our nation’s birthday than with fantastic burgers straight from the grill. Celebrate this July 4thwith Spicy Cheddar-Stuffed Burgers, featuring chipotle heat mixed into the patty and stuffed with gooey cheddar cheese. Topped with your favorite condiments, these cheeseburgers are a perfect compliment to a holiday party of firecrackers and sparklers.
Begin preparing the ground beef mixture by pureeing the chipotle peppers until smooth, and then mixing together the ground beef, steak seasoning, and chipotle puree. Once combined, separate into eight four-inch patties, place a thick slice of cheddar cheese on four of the patties, top with another patty, and press to seal the edges. Grill over medium-high heat and serve on toasted buns with desired toppings and condiments. With their first bites, your guests’ faces will brighten with joy as they are surprised by the gooey, cheesy center. Have a happy and safe Fourth of July with fireworks, fellowship, and fantastic cheeseburgers.
Spicy Cheddar-Stuffed Burgers Ingredients
- 1 (7-ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, undrained
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1/2 (10-ounce) package Cheddar cheese, cut into 4 thick (1.25-ounce) slices
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns
- Toppings: tomato slices, red onion slices, romaine lettuce leaves, yellow mustard, mayonnaise
Spicy Cheddar-Stuffed Burgers Directions
- Process chipotle peppers in a blender until smooth. Measure 4 teaspoons puree, reserving remainder for another use, if desired.
- Combine 4 teaspoons puree, ground beef, and steak seasoning in a large bowl until blended. (Do not overwork meat mixture.) Shape mixture into 8 (4-inch) patties; place 1 cheese slice on each of 4 patties. Top with remaining 4 patties, pressing edges to seal. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 7 to 8 minutes on each side or until beef is no longer pink. Serve burgers on buns with desired toppings.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning and Cracker Barrel Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
Taken from myrecipes.com