Smashed Double Cheeseburger Sliders - Super Bowl Grilling Series
As the playoffs begin this weekend, Super Bowl Sunday is just a few weeks away, and that means one thing - the Super Bowl Grilling Series is back! While you could go with the usual burgers and hot dogs, this year why not try something a little different? These Smashed Double Cheeseburger Sliders are easy to make and sure to please everyone at your party. Plus, they're perfect for feeding a large crowd. So fire up the grill and get ready for some football-inspired fun!
Prep the ground beef by adding garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper, and combining them together. A little bit of sugar in the beef patty mixture helps create a deep-brown, caramelly crust on the burgers without making them taste sugary. The custom burger sauce is a simple combination of ketchup, mayonnaise, and pepper. Preheat a cast-iron skillet on the grill to cook the slider patties. Assemble the sliders on toasted buns with burger sauce and your favorite toppings. Perfect for a football frenzy, these tasty finger foods will dazzle the senses and appetites of your guests for the big game.
Makes 8 sliders
Smashed Double Cheeseburger Sliders Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons unsalted ketchup
- 1 tablespoon canola mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 ounces 93% lean ground sirloin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cooking spray
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 8 whole-wheat slider buns, toasted
- 8 thin plum tomato slices
- 16 thin, small red onion slices
- 8 small romaine lettuce slices
Smashed Double Cheeseburger Sliders Directions
- Combine ketchup, mayonnaise, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
- Place sugar, salt, remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper, beef, and garlic in a bowl; gently combine. Divide into 16 (3/4-ounce) balls; lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 4 beef balls to pan; use a large offset spatula to press each portion into a 2-inch-wide patty. Cook until well browned, about 1 minute. Turn patties; top each with 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese. Cover pan; cook 30 seconds or until cheese melts. Remove patties from pan; arrange in stacks of 2. Repeat procedure with remaining beef balls and cheese.
- Top each bottom bun with 1 1/2 teaspoons ketchup mix, 2 patties, 1 tomato slice, 2 onion slices, and 1 lettuce leaf. Cover with bun tops.
Taken from cookinglight.com https://www.cookinglight.com/recipes/smashed-double-cheeseburger-sliders