Refreshing Greek Chicken Burgers – Sizzling Summer Series
A month into the summer season and the heatwave is upon us. Summertime heat requires summertime nourishment, and the Sizzling Summer Series continues with exciting and tasty recipes to keep you outside by the pool with your grill. Perfect for a blistering sunny day, Refreshing Greek Chicken Burgers with fresh tzatziki sauce and crisp veggies are a sandwich that won't leave you heavy-laden. These burgers are a well-balanced salty and savory summery fistful featuring a blend of ground chicken, chopped vegetables, feta cheese, and spices in every patty.
Make the tzatziki sauce ahead of time so it can refrigerate for an hour. Simply combine yogurt, cucumbers, olive oil, and other ingredients in a food processor until smooth. In a medium bowl, prep the chicken patties by mixing ground chicken, red peppers, feta cheese, spinach, breadcrumbs, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Divide into four patties and grill over medium heat until done. Lightly butter the buns and toast on the grill for a minute or so. Assemble the burgers on toasted buns with tzatziki, cucumber, red onion, and fresh spinach for a delightfully cool and refreshing zing to your taste buds. Leaving you light and energized, you'll be ready for more fun in the water with your friends and family.
Refreshing Greek Chicken Burgers Ingredients
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken 97/3 percent fat
- 1/2 cup red peppers - chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup fresh spinach - chopped
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- sliced cucumber, red onion, and spinach, if desired
- 4 hamburger buns
- 2 (8 ounces) containers plain yogurt
- 2 cucumbers - peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
Refreshing Greek Chicken Burgers Directions
- Make Tzatziki Sauce: In a food processor or blender, combine yogurt, cucumber, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, dill, and garlic. Process until well-combined. Transfer to a separate dish, cover and refrigerate for at least one hour for best flavor.
- Combine by hand, the ground chicken, red peppers, feta, spinach, breadcrumbs, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Grill over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Butter the hamburger buns and toast them on the grill.
- Assemble the burger by placing a patty on one half of a toasted bun. Layer sliced cucumber, red onion, and spinach on top. Add a dollop of Tzatziki sauce and top with the other half of toasted bun.
Recipe Note: Use fresh ground chicken (we like 93/7) or ground turkey. If using breast meat only, you will find your burgers a bit dry. A little fat goes a long way with this burger!
Taken from laughingspatula.com