Red Oak Coffee-Rubbed Steak Tacos – Grillsanity
It’s that time of year again – March Madness is gathering steam, bringing with it the drama, competition, and Cinderella stories we’ve come to love each year. This is Grillsanity, our continuing series bringing you great recipes to match the thrill of the tournament. Representing the West bracket we have Red Oak Coffee-Rubbed Steak Tacos, featuring a rich rub of coffee and spices and grilled in a plank of red oak. With 67 games over 12 days spanning three weeks – this is a virtual obligation for every grill-loving body to turn on the flame and don the Master’s apron.
Tacos are great for entertaining since everyone can construct their own allowing you to get back to the action quicker. We begin with a dry rub of brown sugar, ground coffee, cayenne pepper, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper liberally applied all over a large filet of flank steak. The coffee adds a complexity of flavor that balances the sweetness of the brown sugar. Grilling on a plank of red oak infuses smoke and earthy elements into the meat further deepening the aroma and savor of the steak. Grill at 400 degrees until desired doneness, slice, serve on warm tortillas, and top with fresh vegetables, cheese, and salsa. These tacos are everything needed for a day full of spectacle, rivalry, and feasting – this is Grillsanity!
Red Oak Coffee-Rubbed Steak Tacos Ingredients
- 1 Wildwood Grilling Red Oak Plank
- 1 1/2 to 2 lb. Flank Steak
- Corn Tortillas
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup Evans Brothers Organic Chair 6 Breakfast Blend Coffee, ground
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1 Shallot, sliced
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Lime, cut into wedges
- Cotija or Mexican Cheese, crumbled
Red Oak Coffee-Rubbed Steak Tacos Directions
- Mix all the dry rub ingredients together in a flat bowl. Rub the meat with dry rub and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Soak the Red Oak plank in warm water for 20 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Place the steak on the plank and place on the grill. Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until it reaches desired doneness. We like medium rare.
- Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.
- Mix the tomatoes, cilantro, and onion together.
- When done, remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve on corn tortillas with your favorite toppings.
Taken from WildwoodGrilling.com
The post Red Oak Coffee-Rubbed Steak Tacos – Grillsanity appeared first on Summerset Grills.